Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] "Create routes like this for the next 6 days"  (Read 5217 times)

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members

The person who likes this post:
[ok] "Create routes like this for the next 6 days"
« on: May 08, 2013, 02:59:18 AM »
After creating a new 1-day route, it would be nice if, in addition to "create a route like this for the next day," there could be an option for "create routes like this for the next 6 days."
To make 7-day scheduling easier, without 7x the clicking.

It could be automated, and make all 6 routes at once with separate flight numbers (and return an error message if any days cannot be created due to, e.g., slot issues), or, less preferably, it could auto-open 6 tabs for the next 6 days, so that the user has to just click enter on each window. (Rather than click create for next day, click into the window to activate it, hit enter, click create for next day, etc. etc. 6 times.)

Is this possible, please?  :)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 11:04:49 PM by sami »

Online [ATA] b757capt

• Members
Re: "Create routes like this for the next 6 days"
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 01:42:53 AM »
After creating a new 1-day route, it would be nice if, in addition to "create a route like this for the next day," there could be an option for "create routes like this for the next 6 days."
To make 7-day scheduling easier, without 7x the clicking.

It could be automated, and make all 6 routes at once with separate flight numbers (and return an error message if any days cannot be created due to, e.g., slot issues), or, less preferably, it could auto-open 6 tabs for the next 6 days, so that the user has to just click enter on each window. (Rather than click create for next day, click into the window to activate it, hit enter, click create for next day, etc. etc. 6 times.)

Is this possible, please?  :)

I would second this request. Its a pain in the rear end sitting there to add 7 days of routes. 1 click should be able to do this.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 02:05:03 AM »
How about just 'create daily route' that allows you to create 7 routes from 1 page using the same flight number.  You could then have 7 checkboxes under each day on whether to buy slots for that day or not.  Would make it painfully simple.

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 02:43:57 AM »
How about just 'create daily route' that allows you to create 7 routes from 1 page using the same flight number.  You could then have 7 checkboxes under each day on whether to buy slots for that day or not.  Would make it painfully simple.

I think it should be possible now.  One of the potential problems used to be that the system had to generate new unique flight numbers.  That is no longer the case, so now it would easier to achieve this.

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 02:55:53 AM »

This sounds wonderful.

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 09:54:21 AM »
I did ask this question weeks ago and didn't get an answer up to now...

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 10:27:09 AM »
Sami never gives out comments on an open request, unless he really needs information for the implementation process. If the topic isnīt marked (-), itīs still in the pipeline of consideration.
There are open requests pending for months and years, because implementations donīt come one by one, but in a bundled manner.

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 12:09:26 PM »
Makes scheduling much more comfortable :)

Online [ATA] b757capt

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 05:05:22 AM »
Sami never gives out comments on an open request, unless he really needs information for the implementation process. If the topic isnīt marked (-), itīs still in the pipeline of consideration.
There are open requests pending for months and years, because implementations donīt come one by one, but in a bundled manner.

Interesting comments but I disagree. I think Sami is very clear when he thinks an something should be implemented and when. That said I think we could have a conversation on how we all want this done now and not later  ;D

Hopefully we will hear from Sami about this.

Offline [ATA] frimp

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 02:59:09 PM »
I would love to see this happen as soon as possible.,

here are my thoughts:

Since we are now able to remove mass routes from the schedule and the fact that 7 individual routes at the same time now also have same flight numbers, I think that should help things as well for this request.

I see 2 options:

- When you create a route for every day (i.e. you select all days), it automatically splits up the routes into individual days/routes so you can use them for 7 day scheduling, people who don't want to do 7 day scheduling can still use the "select all" option to add them to the schedules.
The option to create same route for next day could then disappear and reduce 6x the amount of workload for people + server load.

- Alternatively if people want to keep the "every day" option without split in 7 individual routes, can we have a tick box somewhere on the route creation page to select "create 7 individual routes"? which would then create 7 routes (with same number, but 1 for each day).

regards

Fred

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 03:02:06 PM »
There should also be a "split" feature.  If you have a route scheduled for everyday and want to peel off one day, you should be able to do it without having to cancel the route and create two new ones in order to avoid buying slots.

So if you have 1234567 you can split the route to [123456- and ------7] or [1-3-5-7 and -2-4-6-] etc.

Offline [ATA] frimp

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 03:33:04 PM »
Insert Quote

There should also be a "split" feature.  If you have a route scheduled for everyday and want to peel off one day, you should be able to do it without having to cancel the route and create two new ones in order to avoid buying slots.

So if you have 1234567 you can split the route to [123456- and ------7] or [1-3-5-7 and -2-4-6-] etc.

surely you could just create 2 routes for this? I know it's extra work but a lot less than the 7day scheduling.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 04:11:41 PM »
surely you could just create 2 routes for this? I know it's extra work but a lot less than the 7day scheduling.

Yes, but you still have to close the flight (and make sure you don't release slots) and then create 2 new routes.  This would also be helpful for when you accidentally buy slots for 7 days instead of 6 and you are covering the A-check gaps using an extra plane.

For slot restricted airports, you usually end up with a mess when trying to use available slots.  When news slots become avail (through growth or a competitor BK) you usually end up shuffling things all over the place and routes that weren't seven day schedules become seven day, etc.  It is a lot more complex than just creating 2 routes as it pertains to existing routes.

The seven day scheduling request your asking for is essentially the same thing.  You won't be able to just create a route for Monday and then say create routes for 6 more days because there may not be slots available.  What will ultimately happen is you will create a route for everyday and then split it into 7 routes.

Ultimately, the best solution would be to have the existing day boxes and have a "split" link that expands the section to have 7 rows of checkboxes so you can "split" the flights into the route combinations you want.  There could be another button to automatically check the boxes for a 7 day scheme, otherwise you could put in 1-3-5-7 or anything else your heart desires, but you'll be creating them all from one screen instead of many.

BD

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 05:47:02 PM »
True, but still easy to screw it up.  Using the same mechanism for making 7day work should make it relatively simple to allow selective days.

But, if we do that, it would be nice to roll some days back together (e.g. I have some 7-day scheds that transition to another fleet group, so this is no longer needed).  However, assigning seven routes is much less error prone than splitting out days.  Not holding my breath for this one.   :laugh:

Offline Tim

• Members
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 04:46:02 PM »
Agree!

We definitely need something what would improve 7 day scheduling.

Offline AndreiX

• Members
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 11:19:50 AM »
+1
Would save a few headaches!

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 09:11:07 AM »
Bump....

Just because I support this request.

Offline JJP

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 07:43:07 PM »
This is definietly needed, along with the following:

Create all of the 7-day schedules you need for a group of 7 aircraft of the same fleet group.  The assumption is that you have created these in sequential order and all the flight numbers are numerically sequential.  Under Scheduling, there is something like, "Assign 7-Day Schedule".  The system asks for you to select 7 aircraft of the same fleet group.  It then asks you to select the Flight numbers you want to add (remember, these are in sequential order).  The system auto-fills all of your schedules for all 7 planes in normal 7-day scheduling fashion. 

Voi la!  7-day schedule done!  No more: click, add, confirm, click, add, confirm, click add, confirm  . . . a 100 million times!    ;D

Offline [ATA] Hassel

• Members
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 03:21:52 AM »
I'm very happy to see this request. it sounds like there is many ways this can be improved and I think either way making a 7 day schedule will only become easier with less pain with some of these suggestions implemented

+ 1

Online [ATA] b757capt

• Members
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 10:49:12 PM »
Anything on this????

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.