Germany 11 - 3 Spain

Started by cht7520, May 01, 2013, 09:03:29 PM

cht7520

The Champions League Final is gonna be tasty.

Bayern play Dortmund in the Bundesliga this Saturday and will be like a warm-up game to the final.

Don't know what I can say about Barcelona...they were beyond poor.

Laugh @ Barca  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
==============================
Predictions for the final?

Pilot Oatmeal

Quote from: LuisSuarez7 on May 01, 2013, 09:03:29 PM
The Champions League Final is gonna be tasty.

Bayern play Dortmund in the Bundesliga this Saturday and will be like a warm-up game to the final.

Don't know what I can say about Barcelona...they were beyond poor.

Laugh @ Barca  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
==============================
Predictions for the final?

Manchester United are Premier League champions.  Nothing else matters.  8)

SuriProf4

donot think this saturday bundesliga will be any preview of the ucl finale. will probably end in a draw between the two sides 'c' teams.

are you saying premier league is better than champions league??

;D

cht7520

I expect them to play close to their full strength squads. With some changes here and there.

Gomez will probs play, Shaqiri will probs play, Gustavo will probs play.

Schieber will probs play, Sahin(>:() will probs play.

It's the style of football I'll be looking for.

H2Hs so far this season:

Bayern 1 - 0 Dortmund
Bayern 1 - 1 Dortmund

Don't forget their last match last season ended in:

Bayern 2 - 5 Dortmund

mtnlion

If Bayern plays at their normal level I don't see any reason why they would lose.

But last season they lost to Dortmund in the German CUP final, so Dortmund have an advantage in the sense that during the past years they have won those games that really matter (Bayern also lost the CL-final last year).

Also this is played on a neutral ground with equal number of fans so Bayern doesn't have their home field advantage. Interesting match up and London will have an awesome time hosting those beer thirsty German football fans.  ;D

Infinity

Quote from: mtnlion on May 02, 2013, 07:59:55 PM

Also this is played on a neutral ground with equal number of fans

You sure? I have no evidence, but I'd chop off my hand if Bayerns fans didn't have more purchasing power than Dortmunds.

ArcherII

Anyways, after 70 years....a handful Germans are going to stuff London up.

Just joking people  :D

SuriProf4

Quote from: mtnlion on May 02, 2013, 07:59:55 PM
If Bayern plays at their normal level I don't see any reason why they would lose.

But last season they lost to Dortmund in the German CUP final, so Dortmund have an advantage in the sense that during the past years they have won those games that really matter (Bayern also lost the CL-final last year).

Also this is played on a neutral ground with equal number of fans so Bayern doesn't have their home field advantage. Interesting match up and London will have an awesome time hosting those beer thirsty German football fans.  ;D

fc bayern won the german super cup this season against dortmund on a neutral stadium. fc bayern defeated dortmund in the league. advantage fc bayern this season

fc bayern are the best team this season, period

cht7520

Quote from: saftfrucht on May 02, 2013, 08:03:47 PM
You sure? I have no evidence, but I'd chop off my hand if Bayerns fans didn't have more purchasing power than Dortmunds.

Both finalists will be offered equal amount of tickets by UEFA. The neutral tickets are up for grabs though.

Infinity

Any Bayern fan could buy a ticket from the Dortmund contingent, couldn't they? I am not familiar with the distribution channels as I have never been to a stadium in my life.

Jona L.

As far as I got it through the news is, that everyone can apply for tickets, and they get raffled, since for the last Champions-League games there have been a few fights at the sales-offices...

cht7520

Aren't there season tickets in Germany?

Normally here in the UK people that have been on a number of champions league away ties will be offered tickets first, then season ticket holders and so on etc...

Mr.HP

Quote from: saftfrucht on May 02, 2013, 10:04:03 PM
Any Bayern fan could buy a ticket from the Dortmund contingent, couldn't they? I am not familiar with the distribution channels as I have never been to a stadium in my life.

Me, either but I suppose Bayern fans don't want to be in an area designated only for Dortmund fans

mtnlion

25% and 25% for the fans of both teams and they were "tied". No chance of getting a ticket from the other team's ticket quota unless you had been part of the fan organization for long. Heck, even to some regular Bundesliga games you have to be a member of the club to get tickets...

I read that only 6,000 tickets were available for the general public and they were drawn. There are some Finns I know who were lucky and got a purchase right to few tickets, and are obviously going. So yes, I'm confident that it is "neutral" in that sense, though Dortmund fans are usually a bit louder in my opinion.

And yes Bayern has been a better team this season, but during the past few years they've been "complete losers" as they haven't won anything big. They had very much the same team last season, yet they managed to lose to Chelsea in their home ground... This season could be different but I'll give Dortmund a fair chance. I think they learned a lesson in quarter-finals against Malaga. 

I'm a neutral fan in this. In the German football I sympathize Fortuna Düsseldorf and Union Berlin since those teams have the same colors as my real favorite here in Finland, and more importantly I've enjoyed going to their games the most.