Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How to fly a route outside your base country ?  (Read 490 times)

agustin88

• Former member
How to fly a route outside your base country ?
« on: April 28, 2013, 03:35:35 PM »
Hello.

I read the manual:

Seventh Freedom of The Air

The right to carry revenue traffic between points in two countries (B-C) on services which lie entirely outside its own home country.

Example: Paris - Barcelona, as an American company.
 In AWS: Not allowed, allowed inside EU after April '97 for EU-based carriers.

Ninth Freedom of The Air

The right of a foreign airline (from country A) to carry revenue traffic within country B (between airports in country B) without continuing service to one's own country (A).

Example: Chicago - New York, as a Canadian company.

However, when I try to fly a route inside another country or between two other countries, I get an error:

Error: The route must depart from your base airport. Please try again.

What am I doing wrong ??. Thanks !

PS. I'm an EU-based carrier and it's 2002...

agustin88

• Former member
Re: How to fly a route outside your base country ?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 03:37:22 PM »
Fifth Freedom of The Air

The right to carry revenue traffic from country A to country B and then pick up and drop off revenue traffic from country B to country C.

Example: Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur - Jeddah, as a Saudi Arabian company, with tickets can be sold to any or all sectors individually.

Also, can anyone help me with that ?? I set a tech-stop, but I can't control the prices between the tech-stop and the final leg.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 04:05:14 PM »
You have to open a base before you can open route from that base. Prior to 1997, if you're based in Europe, you can only open a base within your country. After 1997, you're allow to open base in other Europe countries (there are some exception countries)

To open a base, your airline must be at least 18 months old, and have more than 12 A/C. Office > Base Airports to open base

Tech stop means the A/C will land for refuel, not for embarking/disembarking pax. So, the price ticket you have is for from A to B, not for A-C or C-B (C is the tech stop)

Hope this helps

HP

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 11:40:31 PM »
Still of the opinion that 5th freedom rights be restored to the game. Just my take, but it would make the games even more interesting. Could make a limit on how many 5th freedoms could be taken advantage of, but would love to see it restored. Also love these short games. Lord knows I need the practice. :)

agustin88

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 11:06:47 AM »
To open a base, your airline must be at least 18 months old, and have more than 12 A/C. Office > Base Airports to open base

Thanks!. Seems I'll have to wait then.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.