Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: maintenance cost penalty  (Read 511 times)

Offline meiru

• Members
maintenance cost penalty
« on: April 25, 2013, 08:23:31 PM »
What I'd like to see is that the maintenance cost is higher, if you have all maintenances at the same time. So, let's say you have 2 aircrafts coming for the b-check at exactly the same time -> then it costs more... but if you plan them bether, you pay less... and to be able to tune it I'd also like a possibility to manually set the "next-X"-check date ... that shouldn't be hard to add... oh and -> turn off automatic checks for a specific aircraft... would also be nice.

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: maintenance cost penalty
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 10:55:31 PM »
Personally I  like the idea of planning checks according to hired staff. Right now I take advantage of the luxury to have all my planes A/B-checked on the same day, but that is very far away from reality.
System should check available manpower while you schedule checks and deny or ask you if it should hire more staff or let checks do somebody else and pay for it.
It would force you to spread your checks evenly over day/ night and week.
Downside : you would need a complete new schedule page for maintenances, you would definitely need more time to schedule your aircrafts, making it harder for people with little online-time/ beginners or people with a large airline (there are departments of people doing that in reality), so I think this wasn´t implemented in the first place.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 02:38:41 PM »
This I believe has been talked somewhat. And of course would be better if you couldn't stack all your B checks for example on the same time, or if you do, you'd had to employ a lots more people. But it's a bit different matter of how to actually make that then, so that players could understand the system too.

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 09:52:16 PM »
Simply draw a bar like in the scheduling page. The bar shows sections of workload. So, if you plan 2 aircrafts at the same day -> then you can see a section with value 2 and value 2 sections cost much more than value 1 sections... something like that... but it will bring back an other problem ... that you'd have to move to 4 week scheduling... or you have to draw different bars for b/c/d checks.... something like that...

brique

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 05:51:15 AM »
Stacking checks into the same day isnt very realistic, its true : moving to a four week scheduling tool would probably be a major effort as well : but some sort of compromise could be done with the current one-week view.

I'd imagine it could go something like this : your staff level determines how many checks your team can run per day, for your fleet types. So, as you schedule your planes, when a particular day reaches its limit, you could be asked if you wish to re-schedule to a 'free' slot or pay a penalty to keep it on that day : call it 'overtime' or 'temporary additional staff cost'. Some of us like to avoid checks on the 'busy' days like Monday/Friday and might consider the penalty acceptable to keep those days open to fly and earn.

I dont see that being too difficult for newer players, as you can see pretty easily from the overall scheduling view where a/b-checks are falling over the week. If a player wanted to micro-manage maint scheduling down to the finest level, much as some do pricing, then they can. Such a system should be flexible enough to accommodate both.

Maybe this would also open up the possibility of boosting your maintenance staff from the 'personnel' page : say to 120%, which would then allow you to stack more checks into a day and thus avoid the penalty : the penalty cost would need to be worth avoiding to make that idea attractive though.

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 01:15:07 PM »
Yes, but the minimum I'd like to have is, that I can modify the date of the next C/D check ... currently my whole fleet has all checks in 2 months and it would be nice to distribute this a bit ...

brique

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 02:04:23 PM »
Yes, but the minimum I'd like to have is, that I can modify the date of the next C/D check ... currently my whole fleet has all checks in 2 months and it would be nice to distribute this a bit ...

That was my request topic a while ago, but, alas, it didnt find favour ...yet... (crosses fingers).

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 04:08:52 PM »
As brique said, the feature isn't on priority

For now, you have to manually put A/C on checks to spread them out. And you have to be online at the time you want it to be

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.