Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Where is Iraq  (Read 1080 times)

• Members
Where is Iraq
« on: April 22, 2013, 08:19:41 PM »
I have a question, I was searching for airports in Asia at year 1978, and Iraq is missing. In Dotm Iraq is there in the 80's. Will it appear by any chance later or not  :P

Offline Andre

• Members
Re: Where is Iraq
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 04:18:48 PM »
There was a small airport in Baghdad pre 1980, but it's probably missing from the database (even though it was small, it had traffic from Swissair, Scandinavian Airlines, British Airways, LOT, Lufthansa, etc.) . Then Saddam International Airport (SDA) was constructed between 1979 and 1982, and that airport is in the database.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 10:05:28 PM »
I am asking as I can compare the two scenarios that's why. Will it pop up as you say later on at JA7 with demands close to 300 to some routes? Or it won't be visible at any point? That's my main ques.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 11:26:07 PM »
It will show up. Watch the Events tab for when the airport will open. As for demand, I can not say. Should be similar to the same dates in DOTM but not for sure identical.

Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 08:06:44 AM »
I had an ally based there once who was doing great for several years but ultimately had to give up completely when demand dropped to nothing after war broke out in 1991. It's a worthwhile base but also a dangerous one.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.