Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: What Should I replace my 732Adv with?  (Read 675 times)

Offline Tias

• Members
What Should I replace my 732Adv with?
« on: April 21, 2013, 05:55:19 AM »
I need advice on what should I replace my aging leased 732Adv with. I know I have obvious options such as Boeing 737s and Airbus A320s but the backlog is insane. I joined to the game couple years after it started, so I did not have the capital to get into the queue for Boeing and Airbus.

I was wondering if you guys can sugget an alternative option to replace Boeing 737-200Adv. Longest route I fly is in ~1400nm (ADB to LHR - I have %70 market dominance), so I'm looking for something that can fly profitably in that range. I'm not really good with aircraft specs (I'm still learning). MD-90-30 seems very tempting... but with the seat number it comes with, it will screw up (saturate) my schedules and I do not want to get rid of my precious LHR slots. On the other hand, it is better in fule and can fly longer distance... but it's monthly leasing cost is at least 2.5x times my current old fleet.

I only have ~3Mil in cash so I have to take loan for this replacement move and I do not want to screw it up.

Any advice?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 06:01:04 AM by Tias »

Offline Nicko

• Members
Re: What Should I replace my 732Adv with?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 07:27:36 AM »
You can't afford to replace anything right now...you don't have any cash...

npercy1

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 11:11:43 AM »
You should get MD80's, they are 120-150 seaters and are still in production.

Offline Transtar

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 09:12:38 PM »
What about Fokker F100s? The game warns you that as they are smaller, loadfactors might suffer on longer routes but I've not suffered this in the past when I operated them on 1800 length routes.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 09:22:01 PM »
Replacing something with a plane that needs different pilots is not something that's very advisable, especially for a small airline replacing it's only fleet type.
Take a look at the MD-90 if you want something readily available. Although with these ridiculous fuel prices, 732 will probably be fine till the end of the game -.-

coopdogyo

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 09:52:38 PM »
Check out the MD-90 or the 717 neither is quite the same size but you can play with seating configurations at least on the 717.

Offline Tias

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 03:42:32 AM »
You can't afford to replace anything right now...you don't have any cash...

How much cash do you think should be readily available... 10% + loan? 50% + loan?
I have my loan options (not as flexible anymore), and so far I'm turning enough profit that I can actually make stupid moves and not be too affected.

Replacing something with a plane that needs different pilots is not something that's very advisable, especially for a small airline replacing it's only fleet type.

Agreed!

Take a look at the MD-90 if you want something readily available. Although with these ridiculous fuel prices, 732 will probably be fine till the end of the game -.-

I'm not sure about if 732 will be viable until the end of the game, considering their age, maintenance cost, and used market availability. Plus fuel prices will pick up eventually. What makes you believe that's otherwise?

MD-90 seems only logical option atm, but I do really need to sit down and play with seat configuration.

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 04:45:10 AM »
The F100 can also be an option at that range. Lower cost to operate than the 732 and not much of a backlog. Sacking your large pilots to replace with medium will hit your CI, but give you lower staffing costs overall....

The challenge that you will have when fuel prices head north, flying just 100 seats at a time over 1000nm is not a very profitable venture no matter how great of a plane you have.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.