Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How do you know you have been cursed by a deathwatch?  (Read 1265 times)

Offline dmoose42

• Members
How do you know you have been cursed by a deathwatch?
« on: April 19, 2013, 04:20:04 AM »
Given the spate of bankruptcies in recent months (and years), we have noticed that several people have restarted several times, so in their honor, we offer this top five list.  If you have met these criteria, you know you are in trouble.

1.  Your number of fleet types exceed the number of planes in your fleet...
2.  Your accountant said that it would be a good idea to buy a Pliatus as your own personal plane...
3.  Your mother thought that leasing that fleet of 727's for 15 years was a great decision because she thought trijets were sexy.
4.  You thought that you could open a base at an Elite dominated airport after your fifth plane arrived (or at any point)...
5.  You can't stop yourself from maxxing out your loans to grow even faster, knowing that you don't actually have to pay back the money if your cash balance is negative...

Cheers.

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
Re: How do you know you have been cursed by a deathwatch?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 05:11:44 AM »
I ran about a dozen Pilatus planes for several years in MT7. It wasn't actually profitable but it never killed me either. If a competitor had never showed up to challenge my monopoly on Tahitian domestic travel, I could have ran them indefinitely. Typically when I do borderline psychotic things it either works or at least doesn't do me in. When I do BK a serious effort, it's either from stiff competition or expanding too rapidly. In this round it was a combination of both of those plus my current experiment of trying to run nothing but older used planes as some real world airlines do. Hasn't worked out too well.

Offline Tom14cat14

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 05:29:12 PM »
Given the spate of bankruptcies in recent months (and years), we have noticed that several people have restarted several times, so in their honor, we offer this top five list.  If you have met these criteria, you know you are in trouble.

2.  Your accountant said that it would be a good idea to buy a Pliatus as your own personal plane...
3.  Your mother thought that leasing that fleet of 727's for 15 years was a great decision because she thought trijets were sexy.
4.  You thought that you could open a base at an Elite dominated airport after your fifth plane arrived (or at any point)...
5.  You can't stop yourself from maxxing out your loans to grow even faster, knowing that you don't actually have to pay back the money if your cash balance is negative...

Cheers.

Riiigghhtttt.  :laugh:
APB Airlines

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 11:55:35 PM »
Someone needs to go to the Demotivator thread... 

Start here...

enjoy:
http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,20278.0.html

I just realized the demotivator thread turns 3 years old on Sunday.... awwwwww.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 05:12:59 AM »
and one familiar to any little bird flyer ;

6. When your entire fleet has to make 8 trips to carry all your staff on the annual day-trip to the beach...

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 01:53:51 AM »
Thought I would bring this thread back to life - given the raging effects of lower demand and higher fuel have cursed the MT universe with lower profits and angry CEO's.

Don't worry.  Some day we will look back at 520 fuel and rejoice ;)

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 06:48:36 AM »
Thought I would bring this thread back to life - given the raging effects of lower demand and higher fuel have cursed the MT universe with lower profits and angry CEO's.

Don't worry.  Some day we will look back at 520 fuel and rejoice ;)
Ooof just woke up to this, not good news for my poor little airline!

How long do the affects of these events usually last? I've got a load of new aircraft arriving but thanks to a D-check and this downturn do not have the money available to route them, so my revs are being eaten away even more!

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 07:10:06 AM »
It will gradually improve after a few months, should be back to normal after a year. That's at least how it was in the past.

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 12:45:27 PM »
It will gradually improve after a few months, should be back to normal after a year. That's at least how it was in the past.
Don't think I will make a year!  :'(

It happened at literally the worst possible time for me. It seems mad that you have to pay leases on planes that sit idle, as you can't afford to open new routes in order for them to make money!

I think I'd make it if I could get my aircraft running, as it is though 2,000,000 a month losses on an a/c sitting around gathering dust will be what puts me under, otherwise I think I could clear my debt as things stand.

Suavis

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 06:30:42 PM »

Cheers.

he he he - Love it!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.