Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: new aircraft delivery dates  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Frederik

• Members
new aircraft delivery dates
« on: April 12, 2013, 12:55:42 AM »
I am puzzled (to say the least) when I see new Boeing 737-400 aircraft ordered today (by Horses in the Sky) with first delivery date being 9/6/1989

when I attempt to put in the same order (3x B737-400) I get as first delivery date 26/2/1994

How can this HUGE difference be explained?

Frederik CEO of Aeroflug
Swiss quality all over the world

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
Re: new aircraft delivery dates
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 06:52:07 AM »
Simply because (1) 3 slots of B737 was opened (due to the demise of some one), and (2) he doesn't have any order of the B737 that will be delivered after the date 9/6/1989

So the system give him priority in taking those 3 slots

HP

Offline Frederik

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 07:45:16 AM »
Really?

I do not have any other B737s on order either and his five years earlier delivery dates are only due to chance..... he just happened to order when an other airline cancelled? - I find this hard to believe - in fact I don't believe it

Frederik
Swiss quality all over the world

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 09:54:18 AM »
he just happened to order when an other airline cancelled? - I find this hard to believe - in fact I don't believe it

Believe it or not, this is the only logical explanation and perfectly in line with the game mechanics. When another airline cancels or bankrupts, their orders will be greyed out in the production line, and after a set time become available for new orders again.
If an airline orders then, they will get these slots and fill them up.

So yes, he was lucky to get them, you were not lucky enough. Right time, right place.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.