Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: ability to self insure, deductible options, etc  (Read 353 times)

Offline hmellouli

• Members
ability to self insure, deductible options, etc
« on: April 08, 2013, 03:06:40 AM »
I read here:,27585.0.html, that mishaps might be an actual possibility, although it's not clear what the dates are. I'm not sure if the following are already in plan, so here are my two suggestions:

- I would like to suggest adding the ability for an airline to self insure, entirely or partially, if they have enough cash or security (unencumbered aircraft). there would still be an insurance cost, which would cover paying an agency for administrating the policy. if you partially self insure, your policy would cover a small amount, say a million dollars for certain things, and a maximum of 5 million for other things. this would allow you to not to get hit for small mishaps and issues, which would happen a lot more than a big even like a fatal crash. self insuring entirely would mean u get hit on everything, but u save a load of money on insurance.

- also an option that can be implemented separately or concurrently would allow an airline to choose insurers, with different terms, in the same way we could choose contract fuel providers.

let me know if i need to clarify anything here.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.