Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Milan Malpensa  (Read 532 times)

Offline marchayes1986

• Members
Milan Malpensa
« on: April 06, 2013, 02:11:50 PM »
Just a query as to how the recently opened Milan Malpensa airport can be the base (HQ) airport for a 1400-day old airline?  I opened a base there 2 days after the airport opening and most routes had already been taken by said airline, which had also opened a base at Linate on Malpensa's opening day. 

It has certainly scuppered my (long thought out) plans but I guess that this type of thing makes the game more interesting, so on to plan B so to speak...

I was just curious about how this could have happened.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
Re: Milan Malpensa
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 03:05:47 PM »
An airline that was based at Linate would be automatically transferred to Malpensa upon opening unless prior arrangements were made with Sami.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline mtnlion

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 03:12:43 PM »
By reading the game manual you can find out how the process works.

But to explain it briefly, when a new airport opens to a city to either replace old airport or serve as a new major airport the players based there will automatically be moved to the new airport.  The reason behind this is that in many cases the new airport replaces the older one (e.g. Hong Kong Kai Tak) so they have to be moved.

But in those cases where a new additional airport starts operations the players can also choose to stay in their current airport (must always ask from the admin). In the case of Milan it does not make much sense to stay in Linate because Malpensa has so much more demand. And obviously all the old routes are moved automatically, it would be a mess if the player had to reschedule everything manually.

Offline marchayes1986

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 04:27:05 PM »
Ah, thanks for the info! I searched the forum before posting but didn't realise it was in the manual.

So just to check I've understood this correctly;

If I had been flying FCO-LIN it would have been automatically changed to FCO-MXP unless I'd requested it didn't.

and

If I had had a base (non-HQ) at LIN it would have been automatically moved to MXP unless a request otherwise?

Thanks

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 04:43:37 PM »
If I had had a base (non-HQ) at LIN it would have been automatically moved to MXP unless a request otherwise?

Yes. HQ also. As happened to the Airline from Linate which you mentioned.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.