Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Won't let me select aircraft to put on route.  (Read 513 times)

Offline C

• Members
Won't let me select aircraft to put on route.
« on: April 04, 2013, 06:27:03 PM »
I'm trying to open a new route and it won't let me select my 767-200 as the aircraft type for the route. Why?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Won't let me select aircraft to put on route.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 06:54:46 PM »
It would mean that 767 cannot fly the route, if it's not listed on the route editor's selection.

You'd have to specify which route segment this is though.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 07:04:53 PM »
You are flying from very small airports.Possibly runways are too small or airport wonīt host very large airplanes.
Where in the world do you want to go with that plane ? Are you planning LH from Boise or Wilkes-Barre? There is no demand for that.
You seem to be very unsure about what plane is serving what purpose and so flying a fleet that is very uneconomic because of commonality costs.Lease of that plane was no good idea in the first place without having sufficient LH route demand.Seems you have to let it sit idle until you can return it after minimum lease time or use it for SH , but for that purpose it has a very long turn-around and bigger fuel burn that makes it uneconomical against other models you already use.
If runways are too short you can just fly it empty out of your airports or you have to tow it over land .
BW is very easy in itīs settings and so your business model is showing a profit. In full game worlds you would be facing BK because of your diverse fleet and model choice.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 07:42:44 PM by exchlbg »

Offline C

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 07:59:51 PM »
You are flying from very small airports.Possibly runways are too small or airport wonīt host very large airplanes.
Where in the world do you want to go with that plane ? Are you planning LH from Boise or Wilkes-Barre? There is no demand for that.
You seem to be very unsure about what plane is serving what purpose and so flying a fleet that is very uneconomic because of commonality costs.Lease of that plane was no good idea in the first place without having sufficient LH route demand.Seems you have to let it sit idle until you can return it after minimum lease time or use it for SH , but for that purpose it has a very long turn-around and bigger fuel burn that makes it uneconomical against other models you already use.
If runways are too short you can just fly it empty out of your airports or you have to tow it over land .
BW is very easy in itīs settings and so your business model is showing a profit. In full game worlds you would be facing BK because of your diverse fleet and model choice.

Thanks for the response, I don't believe I have a "diverse fleet and model choice" as the 767 was the first variation of a rather common fleet.

I couldn't get my hands on a used version of the plane I want so I settled for the 767, which I see obviously now is not the right choice.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 08:24:30 PM »
The 767 was the fourth model, causing yet more commonality than the first three, whose costs would rise, too, only because of using 4th type. Same penalty with 7th and 11th type.
You fly routes with 3 kind of aircrafts without need. 2 kinds of your aircraft types serve the same purpose (small SH demand) , namely the q400 and the crjs. Crjs are a quite critical choice anyway, they hardly earn any money with realistic fuel prices.Choose only one aircraft type per purpose, donīt fly any route that comes along if it doesnīt fit your fleet.
Think of later, when during transition from old to new aircraft types you will need even more aircraft types....
Choice of base:Both bases you chose have very limited possibilities and are too small for basing.(Multiple basing will be a lot more expensive in full game worlds, too).
Look out for bigger airports that still donīt host an airline right from the start.
Just some veteran tips.

Offline C

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 09:44:25 PM »
The 767 was the fourth model, causing yet more commonality than the first three, whose costs would rise, too, only because of using 4th type. Same penalty with 7th and 11th type.
You fly routes with 3 kind of aircrafts without need. 2 kinds of your aircraft types serve the same purpose (small SH demand) , namely the q400 and the crjs. Crjs are a quite critical choice anyway, they hardly earn any money with realistic fuel prices.Choose only one aircraft type per purpose, donīt fly any route that comes along if it doesnīt fit your fleet.
Think of later, when during transition from old to new aircraft types you will need even more aircraft types....
Choice of base:Both bases you chose have very limited possibilities and are too small for basing.(Multiple basing will be a lot more expensive in full game worlds, too).
Look out for bigger airports that still donīt host an airline right from the start.
Just some veteran tips.

I appreciate the tips! Thanks! 

In real life airlines run both RJ's and Q400's, on routes that could be served by either, but they run RJ's to attract the business people and compete with other carriers who fly RJ's or bigger aircrafts in the same market and people may be skeptical of flying a Q4, that's what I was trying to do with that. Although that may be a little to "inside baseball" for the sim.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 10:54:03 PM »
Yes, thatīs right, itīs way too "inside" for the sim, as those here simulated PAX are much easier modelled. They care for CI/RI, fare,flight-times, seat-comfort.They canīt make a difference between distinct models nor prop or jet, as long as travelling time isnīt differing a lot or model isnīt "too small"  for them. (for example using a q400 between big cities far apart competing widebodies serving the same route.A limitation introduced because frequency of service is one of the values your PAX are looking for,too).
You should make decisions only based on game values, not on observations in RL, as we are not re-playing reality 100%. That would be impossible to simulate and admittedly very boring because the same situation would be played over again.There is only one type of PAX in this game, more or less a mediocre businessman, who likes to travel at peak times and is somewhat fare-aware.Itīs essential to fly destinations frequently and at least 6 days a week, no leisure PAX at midnight between to grass-strips once a week at low-cost .That also counts for long-haul, because daily demand is fix and not transferred to one weekly number.
As I said, many things are based on reality, especially aircraft performance, most things are streamlined for playability.Some things are distinctively different because of the same reason.
Some limits were set because some players virtually took over the game.(examples: using hubs with ABA-traffic only, no transfer, no cargo etc.).It has to attract many players to stay being interesting also for the less experienced/enthusiastic.So finding out game mechanics and serving them best is the way to success...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 11:30:07 PM by exchlbg »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.