Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: What is the best option?  (Read 754 times)

Offline ClassicNZ

• Members
What is the best option?
« on: April 01, 2013, 11:53:21 PM »
Hi all, I am competing on a very high demand route. (6000 pax p/day). I am updating my fleet and I am wondering if I should go for the crj 700 and have many frequent flights, or get the 737NG and have less flights but higher capacity flights.

Which option would be most profitable ?

Thanks

cturner9953

• Former member
Re: What is the best option?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 12:58:53 AM »
Keep away from the crjs. Fokker 100s if u want a smaller plane or md90 as they aren't in as high demand compaired to the 737s  unless you want to wait years for delivery.

Offline Name_Omitted

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 02:12:31 AM »
If you have competition on a route, buy them a CRJ to use.  It will be your route in no time.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 02:36:54 AM »
How long is the route?  As long as it is short, a full CRJ will be more profitable than a half-full 737.  Your profitability also goes away if you are adding a fleet type and only using it on one route.  The only reason I'd recommend going with the CRJ-700 is that you can eventually swap it out for a CRJ-1000 without having to rework the schedule, assuming of course you have other thin/short routes to use the CRJ on to make adding a fleet type worthwhile.

Offline ClassicNZ

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 04:06:07 AM »
The route is only 150 nm.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 12:15:39 PM »
The route is only 150 nm.

Is this Taipei to Hong Kong?  The other thing you need to consider is slot costs/availability.  Slots get very expensive, very quickly at large airports.

Offline DiCH

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 10:18:29 PM »
737NG is absolutely ok for such high demand.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 11:08:47 PM »
Decision first always should be what aircraft is fitting into most of your network, not for a single route. Second : how big is competition and what material itīs using?
How often destination is served already by others ? If you divide demand per number of flights, what part of demand you will get once all other factors are even ?
CRJ seems to be too small for such a route, how many times you want to serve that destination using up slots you will probably need for other purposes ?

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 03:13:02 AM »
I would have used equipment that carried the most amount of pax and still had relatively low turn-around times. CRJ is way too small for a route like that. The route is also so short you're going to make a ton of money even if the plane you're flying is not economical fuel wise. Slots are going to be expensive, so don't choose CRJ.

The best aircraft would be A321-200 or B737-800/900, but that's probably not realistic. I haven't checked your current fleet, but like others have said.. there are alternatives, like the MD-90.
And don't be afraid to pack your plane full of HD capacity seating to maximize profits. Pax don't care much as long as the flight is less than 3 hours or so each way.

Offline ClassicNZ

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 04:01:52 AM »
Ok thanks, I Might go with the md-90.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.