Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Spare A/C  (Read 398 times)

Offline AIRmoe

• Members
Spare A/C
« on: March 31, 2013, 12:26:41 AM »
I have purchased a couple of aircraft as a spare, for maintenance cover purposes (A and B Checks and the upcoming C Checks). My question is, do these spare planes end up costing any radical expenses for being grounded 90 % of the time?

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: Spare A/C
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 05:41:20 AM »
To buy airplanes to keep them sitting on the tarmac is money thrown out of the window. OK, an unscheduled aircraft does not need pilots and stewardesses, but the rest of your company is somewhat dependant on aircraft number, so you loose real money besides the theoretical interest you gave away by financing the purchase, and additionally lacking amortization of investions. Using spare aircraft for checks is only advisable for C- and D-checks for a fleet, that can keep an aircraft busy throughout the year flying substitutes.But to make that work you will have to plan to have one plane  at a time in the hangar.
Spare aircraft covering A- and B- checks is nonsense. I am really interested, how you are planning around those spare aircraft.

Offline gerardcurley

• Members
Re: Spare A/C
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 08:58:23 AM »
I agree, unless you have a fleet that is substantial enough to facilitate c and d checks all year round you are paying for an a/c that is giving you little In return!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.