Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Used market limitations  (Read 681 times)

splotch

• Former member
Used market limitations
« on: March 30, 2013, 10:49:06 PM »
I understand why the volume of used market purchases is limited early on, so as to try to keep decent planes available to late starters. However, I don't really understand why it needs to be limited late in the game. We're 10 years from the end of JA, I just founded a new airline, I have plenty of expansion available and enough cash to support it, and there are plenty of AC on the used market which I could use. But the 3 per week limit is such a pain that I find myself ordering new AC even when there are better-valued used AC on the market. Meanwhile, I watch six-year-old planes sit on the used market with zero landings... Can't we just scrap the "3 per week" limitation halfway through the game-world?

madflava13

• Former member
Re: Used market limitations
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 01:27:16 PM »
You would see the bigger airlines scooping up everything then. For example, I have several hundred million dollars in cash right now sitting unused. If I was interested in expanding, which I am, I might be inclined to buy up every available plane of a particular type to open the new base.  In that situation, someone like you, who doesn't have huge cash reserves, ends up being handicapped because I have the resources to buy everything out there. Now multiply that problem by all the huge airlines in this game world, and the used plane market quickly disappears.  (And this doesn't even deal with unscrupulous players who might buy up everything just to limit competition).

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 01:42:31 PM »
Make no mistake about it that the limitation is also in place to keep slots available.  If a big airline opens a new base, you don't want them to get a hold of 100 aircraft overnight and lock up all the slots at that airport.  Imagine an airline going BK at JFK or LHR and one of the majors opening a new base there, leasing 100 used aircraft in one week, and absorbing all those empty route overnight.

splotch

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 05:16:44 PM »
I suppose you're right. If that is the case, however, why not just kick in these used market limitations for airlines with an aircraft fleet of over 50, for example?

splotch

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 05:24:01 PM »
Basically, I want the used market to be at least as frustrating to everybody else as it is currently, but a little less frustrating for me. Doesn't that seem reasonable?  :P

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.