Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Piece of advice, please?  (Read 767 times)

Offline Lambert_M

• Members
Piece of advice, please?
« on: March 30, 2013, 06:04:27 AM »
Hi,

I have only been playing this game for a couple of months, so I hope you donīt mind me asking for your advice.

My fleet now consists of 9 x 727-200Adv and 5 brand new 737-600. Every time I can afford it, I am ordering a new 737 to eventually replace the 727s. However the order backlog for Boeing 737 NG is now so long that the replacement process will not be finished before sometime 2002.

However, I know there is some potential for medium range routes that I could develop new routes for, but my problem is that on the used market, the only available machines are aging 727s. Some of them over, or getting close to, 20 years old.

So my question is: Should I stay patient, and slowly replace my 727s before expanding my route network, or would you lease old 727s to expand your route network, if you were me? My worry is that the 727 fuel consumption is almost twice as much as in a 737-600, and when the price was getting close to 600 dollars, I was worried I would have to throw in the towel. So if there is a new fuel price spike, I could be in trouble. Is the gamble worth it? On the upside, I will have a firm hold over some nice routes before everyone else has their new planes delivered.

Peter

cturner9953

• Former member
Re: Piece of advice, please?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 06:46:22 AM »
How many fleets do you have?  Maybe look to the md90 as well. The production que is small compaired to 737s

Offline Lambert_M

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 07:09:32 AM »
Thanks! You are right! Iīll check the MDs out. To answer your question: I only have the two fleets. 727-200Adv and 737-600. I wanted just one singular fleet of 737s, but I suppose I can manage with two fleets. Especially since the MD90 has half the fuel consumption of 727-200Adv. :-)

Offline Name_Omitted

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 02:56:47 PM »
...as well as a third fewer pilots, and significantly lower maintenance costs.  Keep in mind that the maintenance costs listed are for "new" aircraft.  Those '27's are getting ond enough that some of the maintenance could be 3x advertised.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 03:02:51 PM »
Here is your piece:

"What you should do is"

Let me know if/when you'd like the other pieces :)

Offline mramelet

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 10:33:45 AM »
Hi,

I have only been playing this game for a couple of months, so I hope you donīt mind me asking for your advice.

My fleet now consists of 9 x 727-200Adv and 5 brand new 737-600. Every time I can afford it, I am ordering a new 737 to eventually replace the 727s. However the order backlog for Boeing 737 NG is now so long that the replacement process will not be finished before sometime 2002.

However, I know there is some potential for medium range routes that I could develop new routes for, but my problem is that on the used market, the only available machines are aging 727s. Some of them over, or getting close to, 20 years old.

So my question is: Should I stay patient, and slowly replace my 727s before expanding my route network, or would you lease old 727s to expand your route network, if you were me? My worry is that the 727 fuel consumption is almost twice as much as in a 737-600, and when the price was getting close to 600 dollars, I was worried I would have to throw in the towel. So if there is a new fuel price spike, I could be in trouble. Is the gamble worth it? On the upside, I will have a firm hold over some nice routes before everyone else has their new planes delivered.

Peter
Hi,
Check my airline, I'm exactly in the same position as yours.
What I am doing is first order to replace all 727. Then when I'll be done, I will think about growth. Which means order a 727 as they are available, but also at the same time, order a new 737 to replace it, and have the dates match.
But I can afford that because of non competition, and because my market is quite limited. If you do that against competition, they will smash you by growing much faster, and in the end, competing all your routes.
So if you have time (ie no competition), I would advise to be patient.
If you have competition, then go for the growth, and consider other options as some have mentionned.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.