Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] New marketing campaign - select country instead of the base state  (Read 368 times)

Offline spiff23

• Members
outside a very few states/municipalities I've never really understood the value of this particular marketing campaign as for most cities, it's basically duplicating the base city campaign (I know there are exceptions like intra CA or Intra TX; not so relevant for a state like MD, CT...countries with 1 airport per state like Mexico).

So, Something that might be more interesting / fun / strategic would be the ability to advertise in a specific foreign country of your choosing.  For example if you are based in the US and expanding to Canada, you could run a general campaign in Canada that gives some boost to your return routes from all the Canada cities you serve...something like that.

Maybe the expense could be be tiered to the cities you serve in that country..or if that's too complex, maybe just some price buckets based on number of potential international airports in the country.  For example, a LHR carrier would have to pay big dollars to pick the US whereas maybe Netherlands would be a much more reasonable cost with Spain somewhere in between.

Just a thought.  I assume everyone picks the state campaign to drive up CI but overall, It really seems repetitive and really just part of the routine...vs thinking and deciding if i can afford a $1m campaign / month for my expansion to the US vs $100k to jump start my brand in Switzerland.

If above Idea is too complicated, another idea could be replacing the state campaign with ability to run a second ad campaign at one of your hub cities...not all 3 at once, but allow you to chose to run your base and then pick one additional hub.

Again just thoughts to shakeup the marketing world a bit and actually make you think about your campaigns strategically.

Since it would only apply post 2010...I'll leave the mobile, social campaigns off the table  :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 08:16:57 AM by sami »

Offline Name_Omitted

• Members
Re: New marketing campaign - select country instead of the base state
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 11:36:36 PM »
From a game mechanic perspective, nothing matters aside from the actual amount of money you spend on advertising.  Feel free to pretend it is being spent in any manner that would be fun for you.

Me?  My airline has managed to train pigeons dressed as loons to land on target windows and do a kick-line.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: New marketing campaign - select country instead of the base state
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 08:16:25 AM »
Not really use for this as image is not country specific.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.