Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New terminals  (Read 803 times)

npercy1

• Former member
New terminals
« on: March 22, 2013, 06:33:29 PM »
Do the opening/ remodeling of new terminals in real life effect the slots/gates available at an airport. The same thing with expansion of runways and airports.

Offline Andre

• Members
Re: New terminals
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 07:52:37 PM »
I don't think so, they just gradually expand over time in terms of slots and demand. But sometimes when an old airport closes, demand and capacity is moved (and added) to an already existing airport nearby.

I was going to suggest this in the feature requests though. The ability to fund a new terminal/runway for your airline at airports that are very slot restricted.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 10:37:15 PM »
Self funding requested repeatedly and not bound to be implemented, as this game is airline business, not running an airport.
Slots start at low level and rise gradually to levels above reality regardless of RL constructions.

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 11:39:24 PM »
Self funding requested repeatedly and not bound to be implemented, as this game is airline business, not running an airport.
Slots start at low level and rise gradually to levels above reality regardless of RL constructions.

Do you work for Airwaysim? You seem to answer every single question or request in the forums as a representative for Airwaysim. If you do, then that's fine. But in addition to that, most your replies have a slightly condescending tone which is not appreciated at all. It's better to get no answer at all, than to get the answers you provide exchlbg. No matter if they're helpful or not.

When it comes to terminals and airport expansions, it is definitely an airline business. Airlines fund terminals, runways, and other airport facilities all the time. Both through fees and leases, but also through direct payments to build new terminals etc.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 11:58:21 PM »
Please research for this topic in archived requests.And I donīt work for airway sim. I just like it very much.
Sorry if my written replies sound rude.But sometimes it is tedious to read about the same topic/requests in every forum bi-weekly, especially regarding slot problems.
I donīt comment everything in every forum, there are others with much higher post counts.
Do you really want Sami answer each and every request (repeatedly) ? By the way, his answers are much shorter and not always nicer.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 12:04:54 AM by exchlbg »

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 12:21:26 AM »
Please research for this topic in archived requests.And I donīt work for airway sim. I just like it very much.
Sorry if my written replies sound rude.But sometimes it is tedious to read about the same topic/requests in every forum bi-weekly, especially regarding slot problems.
I donīt comment everything in every forum, there are others with much higher post counts.
Do you really want Sami answer each and every request (repeatedly) ? By the way, his answers are much shorter and not always nicer.

Then we have something in common, we both like Airwaysim very much. That's a good start. I think you got my point. I understand your frustration when you see the same questions over and over, but you don't have to take it upon yourself to answer all of them. Sometimes it's better not to say anything than to be rude.. because that's not very helpful. :)

No, I don't expect Sami to answer everything repeatedly. And yes you're right, even Sami can have a slightly rude tone sometimes. He deserves a spanking too, but he'd enjoy it too much.

Sorry for capturing your thread, npercy1.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 12:47:50 AM »
Sorry I didnīt wait until you posted your request.And I was not answering a newbies question here.We all know, what great task is in the pipe right now (Samiīs been asking for help), so any other, maybe useful request, that is not tied to city-based demand, has virtually no chance of being considered right now.

Offline Tiberius

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 08:59:41 AM »
Be nice to the newbs, thats why we still have 690/700 slots filled. :)

brique

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 09:13:52 AM »
Different countries have different traditions regarding who builds/pays for terminals : In the UK and Europe, the airport owner tends to build and own them and the airlines rent space : I believe in the US, its more common for the big carriers to build their own dedicated terminals (much more sensible option, in my view) : as AWS has to run a pretty much 'one size fits all' model, here the system is control of the airport infrastructure is not part of the game, but I do think it would be a nice option to investigate at some future point after 'city-based demand' is implemented and de-bugged. That is going to be a game-changer in itself so any other changes will really need to reference it.

npercy1

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 12:01:36 PM »
Will passenger demand fluctuate?

brique

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 01:01:11 PM »
yes, demand does fluctuate, both randomly and also if affected by actual coded world events, such as 9/11, but the trend over the game world is always upwards.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.