Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: A bit disappointing...  (Read 3630 times)

Offline alexgv1

• Members
Re: A bit disappointing...
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2013, 02:02:55 PM »
A pint - to be collected at my place some friday evening  :)

Will you make it two if I manage it from BIKF?   ;D
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

brique

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2013, 02:05:45 PM »
A pint - to be collected at my place some friday evening  :)

A whole pint?

Tempting... very tempting... :P

ReedME

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2013, 07:56:47 PM »
Free beer for anyone doing Concorde-only airline, profitable, with 5+ planes.

Oh, and, no alliances because the game is so short that there's not much use for them (much hassle in the setup etc)

But you made the game start after these majestic birds were retired! Next 'experiment' world start of Concorde era please :3 I'm also using this game to try learn a little more about the game - aside from a short stint in euro challenge and one bankruptcy in mt8 I haven't played since 2010 so I think that's fair :)

Offline farmtool33

• Members
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2013, 09:19:54 PM »
its indeed a bit unfair :P a very expired player (with enough money XD) could join and just ruin the whole world ... i think their should be restriction's but not to hard restrictions: like you can't join beginners world if you are playing in an other world. if we do that most high expired players will not join.

but i like it like now to :)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2013, 10:00:52 PM »
...to see old and experienced players hogging the Top 20 airports already

There is only so much hogging that can be done within the short time frame of the game...  Hard to fill all of the demand of top 20 airports by 1 player in the short time...

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2013, 10:03:38 PM »
There is only so much hogging that can be done within the short time frame of the game...  Hard to fill all of the demand of top 20 airports by 1 player in the short time...

To be honest I was wondering how long it would take the usual suspects to show up and fervently defend their kin. But quick to ask for banhammer if its someone like Vito with other alliance.

ReedME

• Former member
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2013, 10:19:23 PM »
its indeed a bit unfair :P a very expired player (with enough money XD) could join and just ruin the whole world ... i think their should be restriction's but not to hard restrictions: like you can't join beginners world if you are playing in an other world. if we do that most high expired players will not join.

but i like it like now to :)

I think it's actually really helpful to the newbies to actually be presented with some challenges and get a better insight into the full game worlds. By seeing the experienced players and their methods in play they can learn a thing or two. So that when they play a full game they're more prepared for the LHR shuffle or maybe they realise that 9/10 players go to the top 20 airports so the newbie begins to look elsewhere for a home creating a thoughtful newbie.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2013, 03:26:07 AM »
To be honest I was wondering how long it would take the usual suspects to show up and fervently defend their kin. But quick to ask for banhammer if its someone like Vito with other alliance.

I am not in the new beginner's world, and as of now who of "my kin" is there to defend...

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2013, 10:20:25 AM »
I am not in the new beginner's world, and as of now who of "my kin" is there to defend...

I know well that you personally are not. I don't think your personal image would allow you seeing as you have actually enjoyed some success in the game. Like I said I will not name names people know who they are and whether they're doing wrong.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2013, 05:01:16 PM »
I just joined BW to try a bush airline in Australia flying 9-seaters.  It's funny looking at the other airlines.  There are several long time players "experimenting" at the large airports to see if running fleets of A320 and B737 will be successful.  I wonder if they'll make it...

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2013, 05:25:44 PM »
I just joined BW to try a bush airline in Australia flying 9-seaters.  It's funny looking at the other airlines.  There are several long time players "experimenting" at the large airports to see if running fleets of A320 and B737 will be successful.  I wonder if they'll make it...

LMAO... yeah, I wonder. Glad someone else but me can see the wood for the trees.

Offline pascaly

• Members
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2013, 01:26:06 AM »

hahahaha, nice one.  Perhaps they can 'blog' about their experiences so we can all learn from it  ;D

Offline farmtool33

• Members
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 10:11:17 AM »
.. you should look at the top 10 most of them are playing in other world's to...

I have a double feeling of the new rules, the lenght of the game is good , but It should not be that (Very) Expired player's are playing in the beginner's world.

but i suggest the following:

You can join The Beginner's world all the time BUT you can't join if you are playing in a other (full) world . That way we can people that got bankrupt get to the beginner's world. And that way we can keep expired player's out.

But it wouldn't be fair for the good player's to... Since they need new tactics.

I dont think there is a good solution for this ? (exept starting a new world called 'Try And Play' for testing new tactic's with other player's..)

(Sorry for bad english)

SuriProf4

• Former member
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 12:44:08 PM »
i am playing now since the start of beginners world and i am curious how the top 3 or 4 airlines are at +100m in value. are these very good beginners or is it their locale airport?

i am still trying to figure out how to get more out of my airline without multiple fleet types that will increase expenses.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 03:17:00 PM »
The solution is to limit players to airports based on achievements obtained.  The more achievements you have, the smaller the airport you can base at. 

Offline farmtool33

• Members
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2013, 06:04:04 PM »
The solution is to limit players to airports based on achievements obtained.  The more achievements you have, the smaller the airport you can base at. 

This could indeed help , but it is a hard rule... i dont think that it is fun to have that rule implented

Offline ARASKA

• Members
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2013, 06:22:18 PM »
Personally I think that rule would be much better than the no other game worlds rule.

SuriProf4

• Former member
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2013, 06:58:33 PM »
i read thru forums in other worlds and saw how production lines are backed up and how 'squeeze out' the competition can happen. i donot know if it is happen in beginner world right now. i see the a320 and a340 line has alot of orders so i have to wait before receive any order placed on those aircraft.

i think a rule or something should be placed on how experience players use the beginner world. i am still trying to figure out how some of the arilines are at the value and level they are at now. i donot think new players (like myself) can get to that big in so short of a time. or maybe i havenot figure things out in the sim yet

Offline ARASKA

• Members
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2013, 07:52:02 PM »
A320 Line BW = 111 Orders
A320 Line MT = 2456 Orders

A320 Delivery MT = 2 years for a small order.
A320 Delivery BW = 3.5 Months for a small order.

Offline farmtool33

• Members
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2013, 08:44:30 PM »
i read thru forums in other worlds and saw how production lines are backed up and how 'squeeze out' the competition can happen. i donot know if it is happen in beginner world right now. i see the a320 and a340 line has alot of orders so i have to wait before receive any order placed on those aircraft.

i think a rule or something should be placed on how experience players use the beginner world. i am still trying to figure out how some of the arilines are at the value and level they are at now. i donot think new players (like myself) can get to that big in so short of a time. or maybe i havenot figure things out in the sim yet

Your are right.. , like 5 month's ago i ended the beginner's world and started with the Modern Times... i got 3x bankrupt in less then 1 weeks (real time)... then i decided that i neede more training so i wanned to go back to the beginner's world..  and guess what ? i couldnt.. i am happy that i can join and learn it again, i know some good basic's and i know my standard fleet (MD-8X B767 B777 and if early in the game BAE system's) and my airline is going good now :) , but i still need training when i get my first big aircraft (767 or 777) because i always get bankrupt when i get larger airplanes...

Anyway i like the idee of the beginer's world rules but they can be better :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.