Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Unfair for late comers!  (Read 6311 times)

cht7520

• Former member
Re: Unfair for late comers!
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2013, 01:55:02 AM »
Thought I'd give an update from Beginner's World, per a recent encounter...

I managed to grow (precariously) my airline to >100 aircraft...some lessons learned along the way for sure.  The airline was generating significant weekly profit and I amassed enough afford expansion to another base (I had not yet exhausted all routes at current, but do have nearly 70% share there, and the best ones are gone).  There was a large airport that the single airline there was not taking full advantage of all the still open routes, growing very slowly, but must have a huge cash balance according to company value figures.

A number of airlines have been active in expanding their bases.  So, I figured I'd better jump before anyone else takes the one (of four I had been eying).  Pulled the trigger.

About a game week later, one of the biggest airlines adds a new, third, base in the same spot.  And he seems to directly target routes by the first airline at that airport, and some of mine (I've been almost entirely focused on routes not run by the first, mostly all wide open ones to max profit).

Ok, all's fair in competition right?

Well, except for the fact that in the so called "Beginner's" World, the guy running this third arriving airline was registered on AWS back in 2010...hardly a beginner.   >:(

The aggressive guy referred to in my previous post was registered in mid-2012 - also enough time to be past the beginner stage (I'd expect).

I hope these guys feel good dominating in an "easy" world meant for true beginners and for "experimenting".  They seem to savor the challenge in that.   ???

You've gone fishing. Fine. I'll bite.

So...apart from the PM you've decided to slag me off publicly. Was it necessary? I wasn't exactly following what you were doing and I had no idea you were going for DTW. I was planning to open that new base as soon as my year was up since I opened the last one.

I'm not 'targeting' anything, I'm just doing what most people have been doing and that is going down the route planning list.

Date registered doesn't mean anything. The last time I was really active was back in August 2011, which was...erm...almost 2 years ago? I need to get up to speed again.

Really, if you have any problem with Coutinho, PM me. Don't need to try and slag me off publicly when I've done nothing wrong.

We're all here to help one another, I'm not trying to force anyone out of anything if that's what you're thinking. People are willing to help if you're willing to ask, just don't go around confronting everyone. No need for those sly digs either.

Happy gaming :) !

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2013, 01:52:29 PM »
Whilst this guy may have been playing for ages, I think I reg'd some time ago (perhaps 2011) but have only played one game properly, so deffo still class myself as a beginner!

d'oh just seen my reg date in my profile!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 02:26:58 PM by Superbenj »

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2013, 02:28:21 PM »

So...apart from the PM you've decided to slag me off publicly. Was it necessary? I wasn't exactly following what you were doing and I had no idea you were going for DTW. I was planning to open that new base as soon as my year was up since I opened the last one.

I'm not 'targeting' anything, I'm just doing what most people have been doing and that is going down the route planning list.

Date registered doesn't mean anything. The last time I was really active was back in August 2011, which was...erm...almost 2 years ago? I need to get up to speed again.

Really, if you have any problem with Coutinho, PM me. Don't need to try and slag me off publicly when I've done nothing wrong.

We're all here to help one another, I'm not trying to force anyone out of anything if that's what you're thinking. People are willing to help if you're willing to ask, just don't go around confronting everyone. No need for those sly digs either.

Happy gaming :) !

Hmmm due to your user name I have you down as a bad cheat, so suspect your actions are completely intentional and that you are also a canibal racist

Offline Pilot Oatmeal

• Members
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2013, 02:45:14 PM »
Hmmm due to your user name I have you down as a bad cheat, so suspect your actions are completely intentional and that you are also a canibal racist

Although I disagree with your complaint... love the football link  :laugh:

I'm not getting involved though, just complimenting the football :P

cht7520

• Former member
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2013, 02:49:08 PM »

Hahaha

I used this name back in 2011!

Nobody will recognise me if I changed it. Just have to deal with the abuse that comes my way.

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2013, 03:13:43 PM »

In today's claim culture I am sure there is a libel court case in that sentence somewhere  :laugh:
...it's not over until I say it's over

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2013, 03:27:28 PM »
Hahaha

I used this name back in 2011!

Nobody will recognise me if I changed it. Just have to deal with the abuse that comes my way.
He was already a cannibal cheat back then! I assume a racist too but I don't believe there are any documented cases

What happens when he does one in a couple of weeks? Will you become IagoAspas12 ?!

cht7520

• Former member
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2013, 04:43:53 PM »
He was already a cannibal cheat back then! I assume a racist too but I don't believe there are any documented cases

What happens when he does one in a couple of weeks? Will you become IagoAspas12 ?!

IagoAspas9

Maybe, we'll see. If anything it'll be PhilippeCoutinho10 ;)

Offline Pilot Oatmeal

• Members
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2013, 05:12:24 PM »
IagoAspas9

Maybe, we'll see. If anything it'll be PhilippeCoutinho10 ;)

How about... MUFC20TIMES?  ;D

BD

• Former member
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2013, 06:17:17 PM »

So...apart from the PM you've decided to slag me off publicly.
Dude, you outed yourself...I made no specific reference here to you.

Ok, fine, you are an exception I suppose of someone who hadn't really ever played all this time.  And, with that "beginner's level experience" you are somehow in the top 25 in value and the #1 spot on number of aircraft, as of this writing.  Plausible I suppose, but sure seems a stretch.

Perhaps my expectation was wrong about how the Beginner's World was described.   I guess that is part of the learning curve.

At least you haven't flooded the airport, so thanks for that.

Cheers!

jneil121

• Former member
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2013, 07:52:15 AM »

Offline KEMKid

• Members
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2013, 08:24:36 PM »
Okay, my two cents worth.

I was a latecomer in DotM 5 but finished and finished strongly. I'm now doing well here in TMT 8, also as a later entrant.

Some of the earlier complaining in this thread misses a basic truth about business: it's not the gross, but the net that counts. Yes, flying LGA-ORD, FCO-LHR, or YYZ-YUL is quite sexy. However, you're going to face much more competition on such routes. On the other hand, it can be fairly easy to turn a profit if you're the only airline on a route.  ;) 

The business model that's been working for me is flying turboprops out of grade 4 airports. I never plan to have an Airbus or Boeing in my fleet. Nevertheless, I'm turning a profit and having fun. Enjoy!  ;D

Offline GlobalCEO

• Members
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2013, 05:53:08 PM »
Okay, my two cents worth.

I was a latecomer in DotM 5 but finished and finished strongly. I'm now doing well here in TMT 8, also as a later entrant.

Some of the earlier complaining in this thread misses a basic truth about business: it's not the gross, but the net that counts. Yes, flying LGA-ORD, FCO-LHR, or YYZ-YUL is quite sexy. However, you're going to face much more competition on such routes. On the other hand, it can be fairly easy to turn a profit if you're the only airline on a route.  ;) 

The business model that's been working for me is flying turboprops out of grade 4 airports. I never plan to have an Airbus or Boeing in my fleet. Nevertheless, I'm turning a profit and having fun. Enjoy!  ;D

Very well put! You don't have to fly the "sexy" routes to make a health net profit. I started at Oakland (half way through the scenario) and have done pretty well flying to one-off, small and medium sized airports (with the exception of Vegas and Phoenix b/c they were under served). My second base is another medium sized airport and i'm following the exact same model as my HQ and making all kinds of profit with my turbo props, CRJs and Emb's.

With that said, it's not too hard to start as a late comer to the game... you just have to think creatively and be willing to look past the large, jumbo fleets/companies. I also enjoy the challenge of building and managing a medium sized company :-)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.