Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan  (Read 526 times)

Offline Atlantische Zeiler

• Members
Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan
« on: March 16, 2013, 02:51:03 PM »
I was just curious, between 1996-2001, does demand to Afghanistan sharply drop due to the civil war, and the Taliban government?
(I sure wouldn't want to fly to Kabul right now)

Offline mtnlion

• Members
Re: Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 04:33:56 PM »
It might or it might not drop. The world events have been random in the AWS for quite a while, so I believe no one knows for sure if and when the demand drops.

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 05:01:10 PM »
After NATO invaded, the air traffic increased a lot.. but that's after 2001. I don't know how it's gonna look 1996-2001.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 05:20:33 PM »
After NATO invaded, the air traffic increased a lot.. but that's after 2001. I don't know how it's gonna look 1996-2001.

Yeah Camp Bastion isn't in AWS though  :D  A lot of cargo ops into Kabul though, I guess supporting the ISAF effort.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline TranceAvia

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 05:32:45 PM »

**After NATO liberated surely... Invaded sounds like they weren't wanted!

Offline mtnlion

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 06:43:17 PM »
**After NATO liberated surely... Invaded sounds like they weren't wanted!
Well they certainly were not wanted by everyone. I think liberated fits better to Iraq than Afghanistan because Saddam was a real dictator. Afghanistan though was more rightful invasion than Iraq was.

Though I don't want to go too political here. Definitely I have nothing against individual soldiers who have sacrificed a lot.

Few years ago I chatted with a pilot who was flying for Afghan civilian airline. The stories sure sounded interesting.  ;D

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 06:56:44 PM »
Kabul overall has quite unrealistic demand, when I was based in Seoul last game I could operate 4 or 5 daily A321s there and only just fill the demand.

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 09:03:54 PM »
Kabul overall has quite unrealistic demand, when I was based in Seoul last game I could operate 4 or 5 daily A321s there and only just fill the demand.

That could still be US military related traffic, they have a strong presence in Korea.

I had an ally in DoTM4 who had a big operation running out of Baghdad. Come the first Gulf War in 1991, he suddenly had almost no demand and had to shut down. History can and does pop up now and then to throw a wrench in your plans. In the case of Afghanistan though, I would expect the traffic to go up not down.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.