Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fleet Replacement/D check  (Read 515 times)

Offline Vanquo

• Members
Fleet Replacement/D check
« on: March 14, 2013, 04:39:54 PM »
In my post regarding fleet types someone brought up fleet replacement. I currently have a fleet of 737's going, but the wait time on ordering them is significant, the D check is a couple of million and takes 2 months, would any of you recommend that I stomach the costs and keep a hold of the aircraft, given that it is so hard to acquire a new one?

Offline alexgv1

• Members
Re: Fleet Replacement/D check
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 04:56:58 PM »
First D check at 8 years I usually pay whether leasing or owned.

Second D check at 16 years I will pay if I own the aircraft, or return to lessor if leasing (before the check).

Don't think I've ever gotten to a 24 year D check but it gets stupidly expensive then.

Of course you can factor replacement aircraft availability into these considerations for yor own airline.

Hope this helps, this is just what I do.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline Vanquo

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 05:22:23 PM »
No that helps, I'd gotten the impression that it's a huge no no to ever hold onto a leased aircraft if a D check is up, but all things considered I think it would be most prudent for me to go through with it.

Offline Steve

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 08:35:36 PM »
I would replace the AC going into D check with a new one if available if you have a small fleet. 2 months without and aircraft flying is a lot of income lost. However, if your fleet grows to over 200 planes or more than that becomes impossible or a lot of work to keep replacing Air craft. When that happens your airline should be sufficient enough to absorb the costs of the D check and the profits lost.   

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.