Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: fleet types  (Read 759 times)

Offline Vanquo

• Members
fleet types
« on: March 14, 2013, 08:02:47 AM »
I was just curious to know how much a third fleet would cost me. At the moment I've got two fleet types and only one engine type,  and could introduce a third fleet type and grow faster but I'm not sure what the costs of that would be.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
Re: fleet types
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 08:34:31 AM »
There are several steps in which the commonality costs rise. Fleet 1 through 3 only cost their own commonality costs, if you introduce a fourth type it will cost its own cost AND increase all of the other fleets cost.
So you can add a third fleet without penalty.
Generally, commonality costs scale with the overall fleet size. I currently operate 4 fleets and so far have not been subject to the penalty because my fleet is small.
Just make sure your individual fleets are not too small, as every fleet needs a few samples to bring the cost per aircraft to a minimum.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 08:57:58 AM »
Just think about having 3 fleets that you will then have 4 fleets if you decide to replace one fleet with a newer one and this might take a few years. Your costs will go up but if its a big, well run airline they can usually be absorbed. Also I guess as this is modern times game, fleet replenishment might not be so important.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Online EYguy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 08:31:12 AM »
Hi!

Commonality comes for a cost, which is usually having to stick to a waiting list. However the problem of "how much would me a 4th fleet type cost" had already been rised with Sami a few months ago, since it is usually a pivotal point when it comes to make any decision about a/c purchase.

However, in my experience the best commonality costs (i.e. lowest costs) are the one of the A320 family and its bigger brothers A330/340. If you are wise when choosing the a/c on the used market, you can also minimise the type of engines in your fleet, etc... On the other hand, if you have deep pockets and can wait, you can buy a/c directly from manufacturers and keep engine types to a minimum of three (CFM-56 for A320 and A340, PW/GE/RR for the A330, RR for the A345-346). And when the A350 or the A380 come to the market, you will just have to add a 3rd type and perhaps a 4th type of engine... :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.