Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fuel Spike  (Read 3945 times)

brique

• Former member
Re: Fuel Spike
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 03:04:27 PM »
Fuel spike/ What fuel spike?

'Pats E120 affectionately and sends it off for its weekly tank fill....'

wilmore

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 01:24:36 AM »
I'm sort of thankful for this little 9/11 & fuel spike disaster. Until now, my airline was running pretty much on autopilot. Debt free, every few months I was exchanging an older leased E120 for a new owned one. Dull, perhaps? Not anymore.

Tiny regional went shopping for an owned E120 and a leased F70, left exposed with little cash reserves and bang, everything decides to come crashing down. Pre-9/11 & fuel spike no worries, cash would've steadily accumulated, but now... briefly went to negative cash and even had to lend money to terminate leases on two F100s that were suddenly making terrible losses.

CV development looks good, doesn't it?  ;D

mattb

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 07:34:18 PM »
Just to say how happy I am yet again that I hedged at $589! It is now just under $800!!

Benny_Ben1989

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2013, 11:09:49 AM »
Ahh the joys of joining a game world relatively late...

...Fuel costs are currently $752 and i'm hedged at $808 for 12 months. I hope the fuel rises massively  ???

cht7520

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2013, 08:50:45 PM »
What is hedging?

brique

• Former member
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2013, 08:53:22 PM »
What is hedging?

A form of agricultural endeavour devoted to arranging pleasingly straight rows of herbaceous shrubs in a manner designed to delineate enclosed spaces.

Does that help?

Online mtnlion

• Members
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 06:09:53 AM »
 ;D

Fuel Hedging is basically an agreement between your airline and fuel company to pay certain amount for fuel for a certain period of time. I think Southwest Airlines was one of the first airlines that did it very successfully. Anyway, in AWS go to Fuel Management and scroll down. You'll see the hedging setting. Choose duration and percentage of your fuel you want to hedge, then you will see the interest rate the fuel company will want on top of the hedge price.

Good luck with your hedge.

It's risky business in AWS since there is no way of predicting the future fuel prices. However like swiftus ? (or some one else) always says, it's about securing your profit. If you know that at 500$ you can make a profit and at 600$ not, then you probably should hedge.

cht7520

• Former member
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2013, 09:06:45 PM »
;D

Fuel Hedging is basically an agreement between your airline and fuel company to pay certain amount for fuel for a certain period of time. I think Southwest Airlines was one of the first airlines that did it very successfully. Anyway, in AWS go to Fuel Management and scroll down. You'll see the hedging setting. Choose duration and percentage of your fuel you want to hedge, then you will see the interest rate the fuel company will want on top of the hedge price.

Good luck with your hedge.

It's risky business in AWS since there is no way of predicting the future fuel prices. However like swiftus ? (or some one else) always says, it's about securing your profit. If you know that at 500$ you can make a profit and at 600$ not, then you probably should hedge.

thank you very much, that was extremely helpful (unlike the one before you)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2013, 11:12:12 PM »

cht7520

• Former member

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2013, 07:32:01 AM »
I hedged 12 months ago just in time to miss this nice dip, just managed to hedge again, just 5 bucks lower than the price I've been paying for a year  :(

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2013, 06:15:56 AM »
thank you very much, that was extremely helpful (unlike the one before you)

Yeah but the one before WAS kinda funny!  Sorry, I guess I just have that childish sense of humour...

Offline Klcosta

• Members
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2013, 04:39:26 PM »
Noob question.

Do the fuel prices resemble the real world or previous games?

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2013, 04:43:06 PM »
Noob question.

Do the fuel prices resemble the real world or previous games?

No, just random. But taking account real world prices.

Offline Klcosta

• Members
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2013, 08:48:54 PM »
thanks

Offline TPMP

• Members
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2013, 07:13:00 AM »
Picked the wrong time to hedge fuel at 788.  :(

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.