Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: JK Airlines (LHR) fined  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
JK Airlines (LHR) fined
« on: March 12, 2013, 02:05:06 PM »
Administration has issued a $50 million fine to JK Airlines (based at LHR) for slot hoarding.

The airline has opened routes to a nearby destination in dozens, thus being quickly able to occupy slots at LHR, and then proceeded to immediately close the routes but keeping slots, and then slowly opening routes to their "proper" destinations.

Such behaviour is directly forbidden in the game rules.

Since the administration has already announced that slot situation at LHR will be under close surveillance, and since this is a major violation, no grace period of any kind has been given and the slots were removed directly together with a fine.

Do understand that when creating routes you MUST create them to the proper destinations you are going to fly to (does not matter if you use 7 day scheduling or other such things). You are fully and completely disallowed to create "place holder" routes of any sorts in order to quickly acquire the slots and then edit / adjust them later (of course if you simply open the route to the desired destination and then chop it into 7 different routes for the sake of 7 day scheduling, there is no problem, as long as you do it to the correct destination airport right away!).

Offline jmaildom

• Members
JK Airlines (LHR) fined
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 02:21:51 PM »
οκ.

it was the first time after the start of the game I had the chance to grab some slots in difficult LHR (I was at 8,75% of the slots and the first airline had some 24%)

After many failed attempts and due to lack of luck to be online at the release time , I grabed almost half new available slots at LHR some 2 hours ago, some 35 route sets
I have some more than 15 planes unscheduled completely plus many half empty scheduled planes due to lack of slots)

Due to business reasons ( I am abroad and not in a laptop) I gave it few hours  to sit down and plan the routes accordingly

And within these 2 hours I got the fine and also had my slots released by sami. fair enough

ReedME

• Former member
Re: JK Airlines (LHR) fined
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 02:27:11 PM »
Yet still there's no slots D:

Offline jmaildom

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 02:29:49 PM »
no problem

I closed down all my airlines in the 2 games i was in

good bye and enjoy your game

ReedME

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 02:36:45 PM »
2 hours ago when I had 3 million would have been perfect ! :P I decided to pay off my loans HURRY UP INCOME!

ReedME

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 02:59:03 PM »
You guys are like hawks. Snap those slots up faster.

Actually... Vultures.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 03:19:06 PM »

Do understand that when creating routes you MUST create them to the proper destinations you are going to fly to (does not matter if you use 7 day scheduling or other such things). You are fully and completely disallowed to create "place holder" routes of any sorts in order to quickly acquire the slots and then edit / adjust them later (of course if you simply open the route to the desired destination and then chop it into 7 different routes for the sake of 7 day scheduling, there is no problem, as long as you do it to the correct destination airport right away!).

This is why we NEED the ability to create 7 different routes, 1 each day of the week, for 7 day scheduling purposes with 1 mouse click. Anything over ~4200nm it is impossible to create 1 7 day a week flight to be broken up later, and if you open 1 day, click create route for next day, confirm, create route for next day, etc. the slots to complete the schedule are liable to be gone by day 4.

Don
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

ReedME

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 03:37:40 PM »
I completely agree with you on that.

Such a system would take a fair bit of work...

Offline mtnlion

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 03:59:41 PM »
no problem

To be honest, I never understand why people close their airlines and leave the game after they've been "fined" for illegal game play. Learn from your mistakes and be sure not to repeat them. I've never ever understood the slot hoarding anyway. I mean, choose your base airports carefully and you don't have to worry about slots. Then later on in the game you can open new hubs and continue to expand if you wish.

There's no need to be angry at Sami because he is actually enforcing the rules.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 04:05:05 PM »
This is why we NEED the ability to create 7 different routes, 1 each day of the week, for 7 day scheduling purposes with 1 mouse click. Anything over ~4200nm it is impossible to create 1 7 day a week flight to be broken up later, and if you open 1 day, click create route for next day, confirm, create route for next day, etc. the slots to complete the schedule are liable to be gone by day 4.

Don

To be fair, its not that difficult now. You create the route for day 1, the it takes two clicks for each additional day if you use the "create another route like this for the next day" short cut link.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 04:07:02 PM »
A ton of things can happen in that time. The browser might crash. I might get a client call. Whatever.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 04:15:09 PM »
A ton of things can happen in that time. The browser might crash. I might get a client call. Whatever.

I agree. But that can happen to anyone else who is playing by the rules. It is not a justification to break the rules. Until Sami changes the rules on this there is no other "legal" way to do it.

But it takes a matter of seconds to open a route for day 1, and then use the helpful short cut link to open the same route again for the next day and so on.

samomuransky

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 04:53:21 PM »
Sami made it clear that you can open route with daily frequency, then close it, keep slots and immediately open 7 new routes using those slots to the same destination. So this is not really problem.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 04:56:34 PM »
Sami made it clear that you can open route with daily frequency, then close it, keep slots and immediately open 7 new routes using those slots to the same destination. So this is not really problem.

There is a slight problem with this when the flight is too long to be done there and back in 24 hours as you cannot then open it up daily.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 05:22:16 PM »

Don

I guess the only way to do this to be 100% compliant on the long routes is to create 2 sets, one with 3 and another with 4 flights to the proper destination, then delete both and create 7 individual flights.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 05:36:20 PM »
no problem

I know dealing with slots is the single most frustrating thing in the game. 

And that goes for "normal" slot constrained airports (CDG, FRA, AMS, SYD, HND).  If you sign up for LHR, you have to be prepared for 10x the frustration.  Maybe you did no know that going in, but that's the ony way to play LHR...

Since LHR is in a class of its own (magnified by the early game LH exploit).  2 solutions that I see are:
1. closing the early game LH exploit
2. disalow HQs at LHR

brique

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 05:56:14 PM »
the suggestion in another thread of tying LH more closely to CI would help : if the mad dash for slots to exploit the LH loophole were constrained by the need to build CI first, we would see a more natural growth : SH/domestic routes would have to be filled first, to grow CI and to build capital for the step-up to LH : this would also mean the player could convert SH/Domestic routes later to LH and utilise the slots released, but then have to re-deploy/dispose of the aircraft previously used. The benefit is, I suppose, the player can either hold out for new slots, or cannabalise existing routes to fill the new 7-day schedules, or mix and match : but they would have been used long-term on SH/ domestic first. This would go some way towards removing the impetus to grab them all anyhow, anyway, then sort them out later.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 06:03:23 PM »
the suggestion in another thread of tying LH more closely to CI would help : if the mad dash for slots to exploit the LH loophole were constrained by the need to build CI first, we would see a more natural growth : SH/domestic routes would have to be filled first, to grow CI and to build capital for the step-up to LH

Yeah, that was exactly the reason I suggested it in another thread.  When I get some spare time, I will try to formulate it into a formal Feature Request.

Offline jmaildom

• Members
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 06:34:24 PM »

as a last message and since I got 1-2 pms

I dropped from the game completely since I clearly violated the rules for a specific period of time (1-2 hours) and didn't have the time to cover my violation by rerouting and creating all the normal routes since I had plenty of unscheduled planes.

Sami sent me some warnings and cleared the slots (the fine is nothing actually). Fine with that

But seriously, nobody will ever convience me that in such cases there is not a violation of the speciific rules by the big airlines
Nobody admits it but that's the reality. This is the big issue for me

So as I said
You need to be lucky to be there when the release happens
You need to be a robot so in3 minutes you have to grab majority of slots and route them in compliance with the rules.
You need to be lucky so in the meantime when you do the rerouting sami is not there

It seems I am quite unlucky in this game so I better go to a game where luck is not of that importance
As per my proposal in new future request page , better try to eliminate the luck factor from the game

Enjoy since this is one of the most addictive games and really great games to spend your time in!
again
enjoy and have FUN

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 06:53:35 PM »
So as I said
You need to be lucky to be there when the release happens
You need to be a robot so in3 minutes you have to grab majority of slots and route them in compliance with the rules.
You need to be lucky so in the meantime when you do the rerouting sami is not there

It seems I am quite unlucky in this game so I better go to a game where luck is not of that importance
As per my proposal in new future request page , better try to eliminate the luck factor from the game

I would much rather see economics rule the game, more so than luck.  High slot rental fees (or landing fees) would be one way to for the economics to rule here.

Another would be that when an airport is out of slots, it would just keep expanding, rather than trying to mimick real world expansion.  Airprot can start at the level historical airports were at at the start of the game, but from that point, the slot expansion would be dictated by demand for slots.  So in case of LHR, it would just keep growing rapidly, until slots are no longer an issue.

The growth funded by the landing fees...  An airport out of slots would have very high landing fees, and very fast growth rate, until some balance is reached...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.