Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Is it legal?  (Read 2116 times)

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
Re: Is it legal?
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2013, 03:55:32 PM »
Your reasoning behind it is irrelevant.

Do understand that when creating routes you MUST create them to the proper destinations you are going to fly to (does not matter if you use 7 day scheduling or other such things). You are fully and completely disallowed to create "place holder" routes of any sorts in order to quickly acquire the slots and then edit / adjust them later (of course if you simply open the route to the desired destination and then chop it into 7 different routes for the sake of 7 day scheduling, there is no problem, as long as you do it to the correct destination airport right away!).

To do 7-day scheduling on a route that take more than 24 hours per rotation, you need to do it one day at a time and hope that the slots are all available. If the rotation can be done in 24 hours, then open it for the full seven days, then cancel it and keep the slot and reschedule in 7 day style.

Using SXB or any other airport that you don't intend to fly to is against the rules as stated by Sami.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:58:52 PM by NorgeFly »

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2013, 04:01:42 PM »
It is not. I did not create a placeholder to block others, but to prevent being blocked myself. This is a difference, and I will not tolerate anyone telling me I bent the rules unless it's Sami, and even then only grudgingly.

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2013, 04:06:33 PM »
Sami, can you clarify whether or not saftrucht's behavior is acceptable as I think it's a fairly common practice in my experience (and acceptable in my opinion)?

As a side-note, what I tend to do is when slots are released, I purchase a bunch of slots and book them to short-haul airports with short-haul planes and then once I have more time, I reschedule those slots to long-haul routes.  To me that is perfectly legal since I actually have the planes, and actually fly the routes (albeit only for a month or two) and not materially different than what saftrucht did.

edit: To make it clear, I agree with saftrucht's interpretation of the rules.

Thoughts?

dmoose42

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2013, 04:19:15 PM »
It is not. I did not create a placeholder to block others, but to prevent being blocked myself. This is a difference, and I will not tolerate anyone telling me I bent the rules unless it's Sami, and even then only grudgingly.

You blocked many slots at SXB that you had zero intention of using. THAT is against the rules.

You set up routes that you did not intend to fly. THAT is against the rules.

Sami makes this very clear in the exert I quotes earlier.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2013, 04:29:09 PM »
As I pointed out earlier in this thread, in another thread this morning, AND in a feature request some time ago, we NEED the ability to create 7 individual flights for 7 day scheduling with 1 mouse click. Would it save a lot of time? Not really, TBH, but what it would do is ensure that in highly competitive airports slots for a 7 day schedule do not disappear half way through the process of clicking next day, confirm, next day, confirm. What this WOULD do is eliminate 90% of all innocent "slot hoarding" and make much more obvious serious offenders.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2013, 06:21:30 PM »
Sorry, but that was something entirely different. He grabbed a ton of slots for chance, I grabbed only carefully selected slots I was sure to reutilize immediately. I did not block an airline in CDG that way. I planned the 7-day schedule on paper and noted which times I would need, then proceeded to do this when slots got released.
There is no other way to do this the way the system works now.

Sorry but still illegal .... regardless of how you try to justify it ... you scheduled false routes with the only purpose being to gain slots at a very slot restricted airport... this is clearly against the rules.

The 7 day schedule needs to be done 1 day at a time and yes you should take your chances on being able to get the entire set of 7 slots, as all other players have to.
Perhaps you may only get 3 out of 7 complete on this slot release ... bad luck ... you then wait for the next release and take your chances... as does everyone else.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2013, 06:25:05 PM »

Incorrect again ..... as you blocked other players at your base airport.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 06:35:07 PM »
as does everyone else.

He who really does it that way in a slot restricted airport may cast the first stone. And I will call him hypocrite, because everybody does it this way.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 09:19:36 PM »
He who really does it that way in a slot restricted airport may cast the first stone. And I will call him hypocrite, because everybody does it this way.

I don't ..... so where do I throw the stone?

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2013, 09:29:33 PM »

At the people in glass houses  ???

::)
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2013, 10:03:57 PM »

You are not in a slot restricted airport.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2013, 10:40:51 PM »
Sami has always said that you have to be receiving planes to fill those slots shortly in order to reserve a slot.  I don't know how he makes exceptions to this rule, though

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2013, 03:49:40 AM »
You are not in a slot restricted airport.

Incorrect again...... as LAX is very slot restricted at critical hours of the day e.g. hours that keep you in the air during 'no-go times'
So these slots are highly sort after when released.

Sorry...but you can keep trying to justify your actions as much as you want, but in my mind what you did or are still doing is against the game rules.
But it is not my opinion that matters....so enough said by me.

Offline pascaly

• Members
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2013, 12:35:21 AM »
In my mind, this is a bit of a grey area. The intention wasn't to block out slots at CDG to restrict others, it was to ensure that, working within the confines of the game structure, you could complete your schedule. Some may say it should be left to luck, others say, do what works.

I agree with JetWest; the game needs to be modified to allow the "7-days/1-click" approach.

It gets grey because, as strictly written, it does forbid the described action. 

Having said the above, I feel sorry for saftfrucht in this situation.  This is usually the type of thing that should be delt with privately, not aired in public while he defends himself against the board here.  Ideally, the admins would have stepped in and pulled this thread and dealt with the issue, then clarified the situation to avoid future repeats.

If Sami comes down on the 'it's wrong' side of the fence (threshold??), then I feel that the game needs to be adjusted. Real life isn't a mad race to secure slots on day 1 (or 10 or whatever), slots are negotiated, traded etc.  This is one area of the game where it can't mirror reality exactly, so some creative solution may need to be found.

I agree, slot hogging is wrong. However, players being penalised because the game is missing a previously-requested (and bloody useful) feature that would avoid any (real or perceived) wrongdoing, I also feel is wrong.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 10:59:36 AM »
I will say it is one thing to get 20x F.27 slots going for LHR early in a game (hence why they're so insanely expensive in current games)  only to hold those slots.... it is a complete other thing if it is 7 slots over 7 days.... if you got the first 3 planes already flying, and he simply got 4 more flights/slots scheduled TOTAL then I can understand what is going on there.   

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.