Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Engines  (Read 346 times)

• Former member
« on: March 09, 2013, 11:40:55 PM »
How big a factor is adding a different engine type to my fleet - say I have all rolls Royce at the moment and I buy a Pratt would it be better to wait for a rolls option or just get the Pratt?

Offline apenfold

• Members
Re: Engines
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 12:31:49 AM »
Generally speaking it is good to stick to one engine manufacturer as far as possible, especially if ordering new.

When leasing used aircraft it is down to your judgement. If the aircraft is abundant then get common engines but the cost of operating two or even three manufacturers isnt usually too much if you end up with 2/3 aircraft of each engine type. Basically its nowhere near as bad as adding a fleet group so not something to loose sleep over (the faster expansion will generally speaking far outweigh the costs of different engines).

Hope this helps

Offline pascaly

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 01:19:57 AM »
Yep, I second that. If you're expanding and need aircraft, grab them while you can, regardless of their engines. You will pay more money when you add a higher number of engines; the delta between what you'd pay if they were the same type and what you'll pay by adding another type is small enough to not matter in the short term if you're growing.

Having said that, the OCD part of my brain hates seeing a messy engine commonality screen  ;D

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 02:02:16 AM »
Thanks guys helps a ton

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.