Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Switching from an MD80 to A300-600 and huge drop in loadfactors  (Read 664 times)

Offline evanb

• Members
I just switched a route from MD80s to A300-600 and maintaining similar capacity by reducing frequency. My load factors declined significantly (about 30-40%) and market share by a similar amount. Any ideas why? Route image is 100.

On another route where I operate both MD80s and A300-600, the MD80s are getting great load factors, and the A300-600s are getting less than half. Same prices. Any suggestions why this is?

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: Switching from an MD80 to A300-600 and huge drop in loadfactors
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 01:44:00 AM »
Since the Airbus can transport more passengers, it will show lower LFīs transporting the same amount of people.
Did the true number of passengers drop?

Offline evanb

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 03:38:13 AM »
Yes, indicative by the decline in market share!

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 11:54:39 AM »
Since we donīt know what numbers exactly form "market share" (absolute numbers of offered seats,absolute numbers of transported passengers,combination of passenger numbers with numbers of flights ?) you should really count your transported passenger numbers.
Since we donīt really know the new formula for PAX allocation, itīs possible frequency alone gives you a part of the bonus besides CI/RI, fare,
flight times.(Which flight time did you keep after skipping the MD80s ?).You are giving much too vague information for a definite answer.
Donīt refer always to numbers that donīt have any effect on the PAX allocation and just are statistical cosmetic information after everything has happened.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.