Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Advertising for Route Image  (Read 499 times)

Offline Jetsetter

• Members
Advertising for Route Image
« on: March 06, 2013, 03:18:38 PM »
Call me sentimental, but I remember a day when you didn't put advertising on individual routes because it pretty much didn't do anything. This game I'm finding that the loadfactors are a real struggle to get up. I advertised the from sector for one of my routes but not the return, and I'm fielding 31 route image vs 25. The load factor on the advertised route is 9.5% higher and the leg is generating $7,000 more dollars in revenue. The times on the flights are comparable in desirability, so I don't think it's timing causing the difference.

If I spend 13,000 dollars a week in advertising, I've paid the advertising cost in two days of flying. So, does this actually mean it's now worthwhile to advertise routes?

Offline mtnlion

• Members
Re: Advertising for Route Image
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 03:21:41 PM »
Yes this was changed some time ago. Now you should aim to get the RI to 100 as soon as possible especially on those routes where you face tough competition.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 03:22:16 PM »
I think the problem in the past was that the amount of spending tended to grow exponentially with the size of the airline.  Cheap at the start, but very expensive later on.  I don't know if it is still the case...

ReedME

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 04:19:38 PM »
I found that advertising for route image to be instrumental in edging out the early competition on the routes for Day 1 as it pushed my route image higher than theirs giving me more market share, thats all I could really say.

Offline Jetsetter

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 10:08:25 PM »
I guess I'm still on MT5 then. Time to start advertising.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.