Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Snails Pace  (Read 924 times)

w0tha

• Former member
Snails Pace
« on: March 05, 2013, 09:42:59 AM »
So I played the demo and went oh ok this isn't half bad, learnt a few things and then thought i'd give Modern Times a whirl.... well that was a good way to learn a lot about the game quickly, made some rookie mistakes (that i'm still cleaning up!!).

A quick question for those of you out there, should I tough it out right now with what I have or should I invest in 1/2 more A320s (Can I go into debt to pick these up?) to bring my blackline up a little bit as I'm worried that when the monthly lease costs kick in I won't have as near enough income to cover them.

Also lost my 90% Avg LF on my Portland route when another airline started up :(

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
Re: Snails Pace
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 12:21:16 PM »
These are the things that make this game "this game". Make errors, go bankrupt and learn from it. There are several strategy's one can follow to run a successfully airline.

Some players go for the big birds while others take the slow proces of smaller planes and higher frequencies and additional slot costs, but a have a stronger position in market share and are less vulnerable to higher fuel prices.

for now, stick to 1 fleet type but get 5 of them as soon as possible. A debt is not something to worry about to much as long as you can pay the bank.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 12:55:28 PM »
(Can I go into debt to pick these up?)

You already are 5 million in debt when you start the game. You can't go into negative cash to lease a new aircraft or buy slots if that's what you mean.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 08:26:55 PM »
Itīs quite a lot you did within 4 days with us. Please give it some time to learn and develop.Overpacing is the biggest mistake of all.

w0tha

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 09:30:47 PM »
Thanks for all the replies :D

i did read all the guides on here and the biggest thing to take away is that you need to take things slow.

Really want to grow my fleet another 2 planes as I have a couple of routes that no one is flying up my sleeve.

I may have made a rookie mistake.. I dunno really but i've paid back 2mil of my loan, thinking I should have used that on a couple of planes?

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 09:41:56 PM »
I may have made a rookie mistake.. I dunno really but i've paid back 2mil of my loan, thinking I should have used that on a couple of planes?

Absolutely.
Debt to fuel expansion = good debt
Debt to pay for operational expenses = not good.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 09:52:33 PM »
Not always true. There is definitely a borderline of expansion, especially for a newbie, that is not to be crossed. And at least for the first month(s) your expansion routes will generate losses.Normally newbies forget about all other costs besides leasing that pop up if you open a new route. If you already spent all your money for leasing planes you will be in trouble soon.
To OP: in which manual or FAQ you learned to pay your loans back that early? And now you want to lease planes without any funds ? Odd.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 10:04:17 PM by exchlbg »

w0tha

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 10:19:33 PM »
To OP: in which manual or FAQ you learned to pay your loans back that early? And now you want to lease planes without any funds ? Odd.

No manual or FAQ i read stated this, never saw anything about it anywhere. Just me being me I thought the best thing to get out of the way would be the initial loan so that that I can get on generating revenue to then take out a bigger loan when needed.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 10:26:01 PM »
No manual or FAQ i read stated this, never saw anything about it anywhere. Just me being me I thought the best thing to get out of the way would be the initial loan so that that I can get on generating revenue to then take out a bigger loan when needed.

No, keep the initial loan.  It has excellent terms.  You will not get better terms (interest rate) for the rest of the game.

But the extra loan availability, that's something better left for emergency, unless you are aiming for extra aggressive growth...

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 10:43:35 PM »
It will be quite a long time until you will be offered bigger loans than the initial one. For big loans you need securities and a stable income base.
And until you are not quite sure about what you are doing or donīt want to BK often for experience you should not aim aggressive growth.

w0tha

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 02:17:35 AM »
Anyone able to have a quick look and advise if it's worth packing up shop and starting again?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.