close slots only at one airport

Started by hmellouli, March 05, 2013, 12:57:09 AM

hmellouli

is there a way to close a route and return only one side of the slots? this would be very useful to keep slots at my base when i want to close unprofitable routes and give up the slots on the destination end only, especially since slots at my base are around ~$1M a week now!

JumboShrimp

+1 to that. 

It would avoid warnings about slots that are about to expire (at some destination that I either cancelled or opened by mistake).

hmellouli

I figure one of the concerns on this one is when people buy a whole lot of unflyable slots just to have them. so here is my suggested solution for that: allow this option only for slots flown for a certain amount of time (6 months, for example). that way legitimate users can dump destination slots at places they are no longer interested in flying, with out losing their home base slots (which get very expensive and rare in big airports) or getting the constant slot warning messages, which become like annoying spam.

Karl

Quote from: hmellouli on March 05, 2013, 12:57:09 AM
is there a way to close a route and return only one side of the slots? this would be very useful to keep slots at my base when i want to close unprofitable routes and give up the slots on the destination end only, especially since slots at my base are around ~$1M a week now!

This would be helpful.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get some type of refund on returned slots?

hmellouli

Quote from: Karl on June 19, 2013, 03:21:23 PM
This would be helpful.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get some type of refund on returned slots?

That would be awesome, actually. this would especially help struggling airlines. your idea would probably ease sami's mind regarding airlines buying slots to sell to others, since this would only allow them to be returned to the airport, and refunded a certain amount!