Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: flight delays  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Ryno

• Members
flight delays
« on: March 02, 2013, 09:30:18 PM »
i seem to be getting a lot more delays on my flights then in other games and all the A and B checks are scheduled. is it possible that an aircraft with 63% of condition could be what affects that.
thanks
ryno

Offline Cardinal

• Members
Re: flight delays
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 09:52:06 PM »
Check the reasons for the delay on the Manage Routes page. At the top of the page click "Delay view" and look at the middle column "Delay Reasons". If you see a lot of "Tech problem" then yes, your plane is at fault.

With a condition of 63%, I'd say it's likely you'll see "Tech problem" a lot.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 10:08:32 PM »
I notice 7.5% cancellations, all due to weather.  That's a bit harsh even for winter...  It may just be an unlucky break for me...

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 12:47:55 AM »
Planes under 80% condition will start to have mechanical delays, I'd expect it to happen a lot with a plane in the 60s. One way to reduce the problem somewhat is to perform some early C maintenance. You should also be careful about condition when ordering used aircraft. It's hard to find anything in great condition but there should be plenty in the high 70s to low 80s.

Online AUpilot77

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 02:59:29 AM »
Based in Dallas along with JumboShrimp we're seeing terrible on-time performance due to crazy weather.  I knew Dallas was bad but I guess this Winter is especially harsh.

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 03:34:17 AM »
What's the reason for a Scheduling delay? If that aircraft is scheduled with routes so far between there's 0% probability of delay? I don't get it.

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 06:04:04 AM »
What's the reason for a Scheduling delay? If that aircraft is scheduled with routes so far between there's 0% probability of delay? I don't get it.

Probability is never zero, the best you can get is less than 1%. Things happen all the time no matter how careful you are just like in the real world. Aircraft break down, employees make mistakes, are late, or don't show up at all and then there are things completely out of your control like air traffic control and the weather.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 08:21:52 PM »
Traffic and weather delays are modelled seperately. The reason "scheduling" is a placeholder for hundreds of crazy reasons that might disturbe schedule, if itīs not your fault of very short turn-arounds.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 08:55:42 PM »
Traffic and weather delays are modelled seperately. The reason "scheduling" is a placeholder for hundreds of crazy reasons that might disturbe schedule, if itīs not your fault of very short turn-arounds.

True, and you can't get it to zero.  But delays "due to scheduling" are something player can influence by scheduling sufficient turn around times.  Also, delays due to technical problems are withing player control.  Aircraft in high 80s and 90s (condition) rarely have these.

Than there is lack of staff, unmotivated staff.  They tend to be low, unless player screws up.

Everything else is out of player control...

maccio71

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 02:21:12 PM »
I have 2 AC one is at 96% condition and the other at 82% 70% of my delays it is tech problems, so where do you get those numbers?, i had up to more then 1 hour of delay to technical problem, is it something against me or can i get better?

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 03:04:09 PM »
With 2 aircraft, none of these statistics has any meaning. The fleet is just not large enough to give them any validity.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.