Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Little Bird Alliance  (Read 1501 times)

brique

• Former member
Little Bird Alliance
« on: March 01, 2013, 07:49:48 PM »
In keeping with the need to maintain some degree of pointless endeavour, crazed notions and generally odd behaviour in this wonderous game, it has been suggested that the Little Bird Alliance, home to some of the more weird and wild outfits in MT#7, make its presence known here in MT#8.

It will probably end in tears, but as long as they are tears of laughter, its all good.

Anyone interested, please send the usual large wedge of used notes (that's bank-notes, we have enough of Trox's begging letters, thank-you) in the customary brown envelope to me. If chosen to share in this glorious mis-adventure, you may even get an invite. if not, be assured, your money went to a good home.

cheers and all the best to all who play in here, but we warned, this time, we intend to rule the world... well, some of it, maybe an odd corner in Peru... or somewhere nobody can find us in...

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
Re: Little Bird Alliance
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 08:10:36 PM »
I'm hoping to be more of a benefactor this time around. My latest self-imposed ridiculous restriction is that I will fly only aging used aircraft for the duration. It should allow for rapid expansion and maybe even profitability should I neglect maintenance like a true low-cost carrier of the 90's.

When I fail I will go back to my usual third world regional.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 09:04:48 PM »
I'm going for the 'fill the skies with screaming Brazilians' scenario in Japan : I have a cunning plan to build the largest known fleet of E120's ever witnessed : for the game finale, they will all commit hari-kiri by flying into the wide blue yonder in a vain attempt to reach their spiritual home in PNG : I blame the goat-sushi...

Aerlingus1916

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 09:22:14 PM »
Good Luck ;D

I love the buzz in AWS when MT opens :D

Offline AUpilot77

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 09:39:19 PM »
Sorry to say I won't be able to join you guys this time around as I doubt my intended airline in MT#8 would be considered a "Little Bird" but I wish you guys the best of luck and it was great working with you in MT#7  :)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 10:02:58 PM »
I don't think we want to hear about your little birds and your Brazillians.  :)

Offline ARASKA

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 10:53:55 PM »
Little Birds has always sounded like an interesting project to me. Good luck in MT8!

Regards, Sean

brique

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 10:56:12 PM »
I don't think we want to hear about your little birds and your Brazillians.  :)

As a large crustacean, I would have thought the mention of sushi would worry you more...

Offline Name_Omitted

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 10:33:44 PM »
I was going to say I plan on transitioning to only Russian tin, but looking at the AN-140 from a cost-benefit perspective, it does not look like that will make things interesting or different.  I suspect a lot of them will be flying.

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 12:14:56 AM »
I was going to say I plan on transitioning to only Russian tin, but looking at the AN-140 from a cost-benefit perspective, it does not look like that will make things interesting or different.  I suspect a lot of them will be flying.

I find the An-148/158 series to be an interesting choice, used them in both recent challenge scenarios. They are pretty cheap to operate, are big enough for three classes and very short turnarounds. They are great for taking down competitors who use 737s or A320s on short routes.

Offline romeozulu

• Members
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 04:49:51 PM »
Hi,

I am thinking of joining back with a new little airline. I don't actually know were but still want to  :P

romeozulu

KM449

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 07:20:45 PM »
I will have the worlds largest Beechcraft 1900D Fleet. Serving domestic Destinations all across USA. I am starting with Commuter Services in Florida from Fort Myers. WHere do I get my Passengers From? My only Trans State Connection goes to Atlanta Hartsfield intl. Currently I am serving six daily flight for 114 Pax. It is Planned to have more than 20 daily Connections to Atlanta. Hourly Service!!!! :o   The future is bright, the future is  SOAR Commuter Service (L9)!

Over and out, hoping to be in this ridicolous Alliance. ;D

brique

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 05:44:13 PM »
As I'm now ready to launch LBA in MT#8 : it requires some equally inspired/committed/visionary types to co-manage : as the usual suspects seem to have wandered off in vain bid to fly them 'orrible big wing thingies : one has to appeal to the wiser, gentler , kinder folk herein : so, any volunteers, PM me, likewise potential members :

ta.

Offline Kaskoblue

• Members
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 06:26:52 PM »
Little Bird Alliance sound like the perfect place for my little airline, if you would accept my humble request for membership. I am based at uudd/Moscow Domodedovo and I believe I am the only player brave and stupid enough to operate a fleet of 4 Tupolev 154M and one Md82. Name of my airline is kill 'em all (competitors... not birds or passengers). However, if I do not replace my Tupolevs with old western metal, I might be the one getting killed....  :-\

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 02:46:10 AM »
My DC-9s are technically "little" compared to the big 757s I'm battling for slots. I'm also flying to a lot of tiny airports. Up to you.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 04:01:50 AM »
My* birds are little... from a distance..

Does that count?

Talentz

(edit: Can't proof read :-\)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:14:53 AM by Talentz »

Offline Alberto

• Members
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 09:44:28 PM »
Brique: I sent the brown bag... where's the alliance? Have I been conned?

brique

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 08:55:24 AM »
Sorry, just spent two days at the bank trying to get Trox's zloty's converted into real money : 3,000,000 of 'em: worth $2.37 so, meh... he gets janitor duties this go round.

I need 2 co-managers, and nobody will pay the extra 25c a week dues for those prime positions... cheapskates... :(

Offline Alberto

• Members
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 08:47:07 PM »
Not sure if I know how to do that, but if it helps bootstrapping the alliance and handling some of those brown bags, count me in.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 03:28:20 PM »
REJOICE!

It is with great joy that I report we found three wise men to found the MT8 version of LBA : alas, no virgins had come forward to enable a proper old-school opening ceremony, so, instead, we skinned a cat and made it dance by shoving 5000 volts through it : well, we laughed? The Wicker-Man will have to wait for some other suitable occasion, but it does look damn good outside the main terminal building.

So, we are open to suitable applicants, well, to be honest, unsuitable is probably more our style.

keep calm... and carry on.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.