Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: big drop in pax numbers  (Read 1319 times)

Offline PH1517

• Members
big drop in pax numbers
« on: March 01, 2013, 05:30:35 AM »
In week 16, pax numbers plummeted by 80%.  What is this?

no strike, and not even showing in my income statements.  Bug maybe?

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
Re: big drop in pax numbers
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 05:53:21 AM »
Mine did the same.

Must have been Pilots Holiday

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

Offline Karl

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 01:39:11 PM »
I still hate the lack of demand between major cities in this simulation.  I have, however, built a small, relatively profitable regional airline under these conditions.  

I have learned to deal with it without much complaint.  It's only a game.  I get it.  Live and learn, etc.  Deal with it!

What I really hate about this simulation, though, is that demand seems to go up and down - too much, too often, and too quickly.   :(

This might be OK if you are a huge airline and every penny of profit is not important, but when you are a small airline every penny of profit is important.

Route planning becomes very difficult when you see an opportunity with demand, and by the time you get an aircraft and schhedule it, demand drops by 10%!  (Not even enough to potentially fill a 48 seat regional aircraft flying the route an unrealistic 1 turn per day.)  It is hard enough when a competitor sees an opportunity and jumps in, but it is terrible when the simulation turns against you - for no apparent reason.  OK!  I get it sometimes demand goes down.  I can live with that, but I find it disappointing to see it happen so often on so many routes between really big cities.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 01:41:49 PM by Karl »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 02:18:12 PM »
If you read the link, there was no demand fluctuation at all here - change in data storage of the transported passengers

And also. Your route planning staff is NEVER able to figure out the actual true demand of the route, there is always some fluctuation.

(And the demand generally soes not drop either ever, there is more or less a constant growth over history.)

madflava13

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 02:44:31 PM »
I can't get any of the charts to load on any page - daily pax demand, transported pax for my airline, fuel prices, etc.  I have tried on multiple computers, and I've tried letting the screen load for minutes. It's not appearing. This makes it very difficult to plan routes when you can't see the daily demand!

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 03:40:43 AM »
I still hate the lack of demand between major cities in this simulation.  I have, however, built a small, relatively profitable regional airline under these conditions.  

I have learned to deal with it without much complaint.  It's only a game.  I get it.  Live and learn, etc.  Deal with it!

What I really hate about this simulation, though, is that demand seems to go up and down - too much, too often, and too quickly.   :(

This might be OK if you are a huge airline and every penny of profit is not important, but when you are a small airline every penny of profit is important.

Route planning becomes very difficult when you see an opportunity with demand, and by the time you get an aircraft and schhedule it, demand drops by 10%!  (Not even enough to potentially fill a 48 seat regional aircraft flying the route an unrealistic 1 turn per day.)  It is hard enough when a competitor sees an opportunity and jumps in, but it is terrible when the simulation turns against you - for no apparent reason.  OK!  I get it sometimes demand goes down.  I can live with that, but I find it disappointing to see it happen so often on so many routes between really big cities.

The reason you see different demand every time you look at a potential route, is that your staff can't predict it 100%. Interestingly when I fired a ton of workers once, their morale dropped a lot, and so did their ability to predict a route accurately.

For example, if you see 45 demand one time, and then click F5 to refresh and you see 60, then fill up that route with 60 seats. If you offer more seats than predicted demand, they might still get filled up if you have a good route image and decent pricing and so on.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.