Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Route Oversupply Bug  (Read 1247 times)

Online SHAGRATHI

• Members
Route Oversupply Bug
« on: February 25, 2013, 08:21:56 AM »
It's been 3 days now that I am experiencing something weird. I set up my routes and suddenly a route pops with oversupply one day of the week there are two flights to the destination and another day there is none. The first time I said wth, I did it by accident so I corrected it. Today the same thing happened to another route that I created yesterday, no flight on Tuesday and two on Wednesday. Why is this happening? I keep getting messages from the system to change the route, or it will get closed automatically. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: Route Oversupply Bug
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 09:23:28 AM »
I predict it is happening on the return flight only.

I predict you have flights at different times on different days.

I predict the problem is purely because of those first two things.

Offline jmaildom

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 09:24:11 AM »
one possibility ....
one flight starts from your airport in the afternoon  and returns the next day from the destination airport
another flight starts from your airport again for the same destination in the next day morning and returns the same day from your destination

so in total you have 2 departures from your destination airport for the next day and that creates the oversupply message
Is this the case?

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 09:28:22 AM »
You're doing it to 4 different destinations. Doha & Tehran you probably haven't triggered oversupply warnings, but you do still have a day missing on the return flight. Iraklion & Masshad you are definitely oversupplying on the return leg.

If you try and fill a gap in the schedule, you need to make sure the day of departure matches the gap in BOTH directions.

Online SHAGRATHI

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 09:42:41 AM »
one possibility ....
one flight starts from your airport in the afternoon  and returns the next day from the destination airport
another flight starts from your airport again for the same destination in the next day morning and returns the same day from your destination

so in total you have 2 departures from your destination airport for the next day and that creates the oversupply message
Is this the case?

yes like 99,99999% that's it  ;D, Sanabas (the beast) got it, pretty sure without even checking on me. What's ur suggestion for this? Use the same time everyday for each route? so basically add another aircraft so as the dep time is leveled?

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 10:01:17 AM »

yes like 99,99999% that's it  ;D, Sanabas (the beast) got it, pretty sure without even checking on me. What's ur suggestion for this? Use the same time everyday for each route? so basically add another aircraft so as the dep time is leveled?

Yeah, I checked between my first & second posts to confirm my guess. It's a common error.

Don't have to use the same time every day, you just have to pay attention. All those routes with a one day gap return before midnight, so on the same day they depart. That means any fill-in route must do the same. You've done it correctly for Hurghada & Stockholm, but for the others, the plane flies the outward leg before midnight, the return leg after midnight, making it on the next day. For Iraklion, you have 2 flights like that.

So all you need to do is pay closer attention to the fill-in flights. Move the Mashhad fill-in flight back an hour, so it departs after midnight. Or move the regular Mashhad flight forward 10 minutes, so it leaves at 2355 instead of 0005. Then both the regular and fill-in return the next day, and you have 1 flight/day in each direction.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 01:38:17 PM »
The warnings are correct.

Check the route both ways. Direct link is provided in the message.

Online SHAGRATHI

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 07:28:05 PM »
all set.  8)

Offline Bettyb

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 04:03:09 PM »
I get the same.

Interesting thing I noticed was that when you get the message saying over supply I clicked the links on the message, click the odd looking globe thing to look at demand, and yes I was over supplying. News to me opps.

I then went into route scheduling and looked at the route and it was fine.  Demand 70 I was offering 90 - all good.
I did nothing and the routes not been closed.
My route was base to Granada, Spain

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 04:20:24 PM »
The warnings are correct.

Check the route both ways. Direct link is provided in the message.

Offline stevenneoh

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 12:57:39 AM »
On a similar note, I've been sent an oversupply warning about a few of my routes. Does it suffice to manually block seats or do I have to reroute?

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 01:26:01 AM »
Just limit the seats to less than 200% of the smallest demand number of week in any direction.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.