Changing Home Base of Aircraft just bought/leased

Started by Fluclo, February 16, 2013, 07:00:11 AM

Fluclo

If it's already in the game, then the request is for it to be easier to see.  If it's not, then I'd like...

The ability to change an airplane's home base between buying it, and it arriving in your network. 
I can change the airplane's home base as I'm buying the aircraft, or I can pay to have it relocate it once it arrives - but, and this is where I get "caught" everytime  :-[, if I buy/lease the plane but forget to change the home base (which has happened many times), I can't change it (and therefore I can't pre-plan the schedule) until it arrives two weeks later - anything to help me correct my mistake would be welcome :)

Sanabas

Quote from: Fluclo on February 16, 2013, 07:00:11 AM
If it's already in the game, then the request is for it to be easier to see.  If it's not, then I'd like...

It's not.

One way to somewhat correct your mistake is to move an existing plane's schedule to the just ordered plane, and relocate that plane instead.

Fluclo

An alternative option will be for us to have a setting that we can choose which base to be the "default" for new planes, and allow us to select a "None" option - on buying/leasing the plane with a "None", for an alert to come up asking us to select the airplane's home.

LemonButt

I assume every aircraft in the game has a unique id number in the database that is associated with a unique id number of a base airport for a player.  The simplest solution would be to not associate the two until the aircraft is scheduled.  Every airline would have an unscheduled aircraft "base" where all unscheduled aircraft would automatically get moved to.  Once that first route is assigned, the base is assigned to the aircraft.  If you remove the route, it goes back to your unscheduled aircraft base.  This also solves the problem of doing fleet replacements when you are at the 100 aircraft limit at a base as you can do a one-for-one swap without having to rebase aircraft (let's admit it--the rebase function sucks and is a pain in the butt).  On top of this, if you put in an order for 50 new aircraft, you don't have to worry about spreading them out across 4 bases and then playing musical aircraft when things change.

When you add route #1, base = origin.  If route #2 origin != base, then give error message.  When you remove a route, if schedule is empty then base = unscheduled.

The only other thing not included are the costs associated with rebasing an aircraft, which are always next to nothing--I say just get rid of it.  The only place it would make a big difference is maybe Russia when you rebase an aircraft 3000+ nm away or if you are in the US and send an aircraft to Guam.  Either way, it's not worth the hassle IMO.

republic

As a novice player, I would like to see this as well.  If the destination base were set to "choose base" and you were required to select a base, it would help.