Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Ability to remove tech stop from Edit Route screen  (Read 1871 times)

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
Ability to remove tech stop from Edit Route screen
« on: February 12, 2013, 08:51:08 PM »
Subject says it all. Include the option to change or remove the tech stop in the edit route screen. This option would be very useful, especially in Jet Age and Dawn of the Millennium scenarios.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline Laama

• Members
Re: Ability to remove tech stop from Edit Route screen
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 01:37:31 PM »
Excellent idea. I was planning to post it myself earlier, but I was too busy and then I forgot it.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 05:46:20 PM »
This actually could be doable now (requested before) as the new route opening systems have changed also thr technical aspects...

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 12:03:59 AM »
Glad to hear it is possible to implement! Any chance it could be included prior to the start of the next game world?

Don
CEO PacAir

Offline Boot

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 07:14:01 AM »
Bump.
Still not implemented, would be really nice to have it.

cturner9953

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 09:07:03 PM »
i would like to know if you plan to implement this as it will really improve the transistion between aircraft, especially with the new long game worlds. I didnt enjoy the tranisiton in the last dom with 160dc10s to a330 and i just gave up.

It is such a pain to have to close a route than re create it on 7day scheduling with dozens of planes with hundreds of routes.

Online spiff23

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 12:20:49 AM »
Bumping again.

Any movement on this?   I'm finding it impossible to figure out how to do the LHR switch from 1 stop to non stop...or at least for the risk averse :P

Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm missing something or there is a bug with iPad/safari.  It seemed like in past (PC) you could use browser tabs. Open the old route with one stop; new tab with new non stop route.  Then you could unclick the the days on the old route, and grab them in real time for the new non stop route.

Now if I deselect the slots seem to go into a "black hole" and don't reappear for a full game day (~20 minutes real world).  This happened at an airport where 5:00 was zero so I just reopened the flight at 4:50.  20 minutes later, I was able to get the original timing.  With the hawks circling LHR not wiling to gamble on this. 

Anyone else having this issue?  or not an issue if using a PC?  Either way would just be easier to deselect the fuel stop and work with the original slots.

BD

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 03:13:23 AM »
It is the confirmation screen in the middle that is forcing the problem here.

This is related to a suggestion I added to another feature request here...

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,48470.msg270150.html#msg270150

Third thing is more annoying to me, that when selecting a tech stop, it also defaults to the continent of my HQ, and tech-stops are frequently not on that continent. Being able to set my airline's default to 'whole world' would save a lot of needless clicking. (Actually, I'd really like the old method to make tech-stops back, of setting up HQ-tech-stop, then extending to destination. Much quicker to check timings for multiple routes that way. But I realise that won't happen)

Fourth thing is also with assigning tech-stops, I'd love a little check box saying 'use same tech-stop/s on return leg'. Again, it would save a lot of clicking/typing.

I would suggest doing away with the confirmation screen to begin with.  If I select two route points, and I can easily go back from the route edit screen to correct it if wrong, the confirmation screen in the middle does not add any value / information I don't get from the route edit screen.  To allow for tech stops, I'd then suggest allowing them to be selected on the route edit screen via a popup (both at a time in one screen, with default the same stop on return).  And, yes, allow one to set default search to Whole World.

Seems to me, being able to cancel the tech stop on the route edit screen fits right in with this approach, and simplifies it for everyone all around.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 03:19:22 AM by BD »

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 05:10:00 AM »
Bumping again.

Any movement on this?   I'm finding it impossible to figure out how to do the LHR switch from 1 stop to non stop...or at least for the risk averse :P

Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm missing something or there is a bug with iPad/safari.  It seemed like in past (PC) you could use browser tabs. Open the old route with one stop; new tab with new non stop route.  Then you could unclick the the days on the old route, and grab them in real time for the new non stop route.

Now if I deselect the slots seem to go into a "black hole" and don't reappear for a full game day (~20 minutes real world).  This happened at an airport where 5:00 was zero so I just reopened the flight at 4:50.  20 minutes later, I was able to get the original timing.  With the hawks circling LHR not wiling to gamble on this. 

Anyone else having this issue?  or not an issue if using a PC?  Either way would just be easier to deselect the fuel stop and work with the original slots.

Just cancel the original route, and uncheck the 'return slots to public pool'. Then create the direct route using the same LHR slot. You've got 2 months gametime before the slot disappears, more than 24 RL hours.

Online spiff23

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 01:32:11 PM »
Hi Sanabas,  that's an awesome tip.  THANKS!   It's usually the small things like little boxes somewher ;)

Appreciate the heads up!

Online spiff23

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 04:20:07 AM »
 :P ok great advice but just be prepared for the incessant slot warnings for the home airport departure that is no longer needed...any mystery boxes to let those go? ;D

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 09:38:24 AM »
Get new planes, fly those slots with new routes.

Online spiff23

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 01:25:55 AM »
Alright, you can whack me upside the head (virtually).   That would be too logical to also plan for new routes :laugh:

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 04:21:43 AM »
Another bump...getting to be that time in JA....hoping we can get this added.
CEO PacAir

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.