Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: LET L-410 Experiment  (Read 901 times)

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
LET L-410 Experiment
« on: February 10, 2013, 09:21:54 AM »
Since I screwed up my plan for a big Soviet fleet, I have since been toying around in Dayton, Ohio most recently with the never used L-410. I actually launched every single model back in JA6 and maintained a fleet of around 40 for a long time but those were subsidized by 20 An-26s and a rather large fleet of DC-9s. They seemed profitable and I had two bases just for them but I never bothered to look at the numbers.

Here I have had a fleet of two owned L-410As and five leased UVPs, although I ran out of cash before I could schedule two of them. Anyway, RIs aren't maxed out yet but I have two aircraft with over 80% LF. One is owned and one is leased with both making $40-$50,000/wk. The other three are half full at this point drawing $20-$30k/wk. Generally, they all fly from 5:00-23:00.

In my best month I managed $1,515,566 in gross revenue but this was immediately gobbled up by nearly a million in staff costs. It hasn't quite been six months yet but I don't think I will learn much more and I am out of money so I am going to take this operation to the third world shortly aiming to own every plane. The difficulty is in finding a place with enough <300NM routes.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: LET L-410 Experiment
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 09:31:32 AM »
I don't know what the staff costs are like, and there is a curfew to work with, but I think Tagbilaran in the Phillipines offers a really good choice of size 3 airport for cheaper fees/slots, and a lot of short, 20+ pax routes. 21 of them under 200 NM, with ~1000 daily pax all up, in fact.

And failing that, I know you can make them work in Bauerfield because of the dirt-cheap staff.

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 01:17:04 PM »
I am now operating two owned aircraft out of Lagos, Nigeria and the last two weeks were already profitable. That's less than 90 days to start making a little money!

Expansion options are very limited however so I may move to the airport you suggested eventually. I went with Nigeria because it recently opened up and I've had some turboprop success there before and I was familiar with the airports.

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 10:07:18 PM »

They definitely work! I have three owned aircraft making about $50k/wk for a profit margin over 20% which puts me in the top ten. I will try to continue the experiment as long as possible but I fear I will soon run out of aircraft as the brokers have begun mass-scrapping just as I built up enough cash to buy a 4th plane.

When the world runs out of LETs I will be forced to switch to something else like the E-110 at which point this becomes just a regular regional airline rather than the proof of concept that it is right now.

My top earner boasts a 91%LF and weekly profits of $70k, the middle plane makes nearly $50k with LFs in the 80's and the third brings in just $20k while it still builds up RI. The last plane also suffers a bit from some low demand routes. This week I will be raising prices considerably.

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 07:53:42 AM »
This airline still exists FYI. 17 planes, two bases and in a lot less debt than it used to be! All LET.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.