Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How to start making alot of money  (Read 1221 times)

Online chris06

• Members
How to start making alot of money
« on: February 09, 2013, 09:36:39 AM »
I would to know of any tips for making alot of money so i can start buying new planes and expanding thanks p.s hope someone can give me some tips

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
Re: How to start making alot of money
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 10:20:28 AM »
Thought of buying a lottery ticket yet?

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 12:58:55 PM »
Good play and stopping making mistakes?

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 03:34:42 PM »
Instead of answering like a**holes, why not actually give him some advice? I know this has been asked before, but at least try to point him in the right direction. I hope none of you work in customer services..

chrispaca, here are some tips:

- Try to maximize each airplane to the fullest. The best is if you can fly them during the night as well as the day. For example you can fly east late in the evening. Because of the time zone differences your plane will then land in the morning time at it's destination local time before it heads back. Then you can fill up with fitting routes during the day. If you want to fly west during the night, start earlier in the evening so that your aircraft lands just before midnight at its destination and then flies a red-eye flight back to your airport. Typically you will want 1200 nm or longer routes for over night flights (if you use slower turboprops 700 nm or more should do it). Try to avoid taking off or landing between 01:00 and 05:00.

- Newer aircraft costs less maintenance. The older they get, the more demanding and costly the maintenance is. I would advice against leasing planes older than 20 years.

- Lease aircraft no longer than to the next D-check (every 8th years)

- Don't run more than three different fleets at any time. If you have 4 fleet types your fleet commonality costs increase a lot for all fleet types.

- Run marketing, but not more than 10% of your income.

- Reset your prices on different intervals. Maybe once a year or every two years. The reason for this is that inflation and interest rates increase and so does default prices.

- When your company image has increased to 50% or more, you can try to increase prices in 5% increments or so on routes that you have monopoly.

- Try to run HD configurations on your aircraft that fly no more than 3 hours per flight.

- Long haul flights require 7-day scheduling to utilize your aircraft to the fullest. If you search "7-day scheduling" in the forums you will find explenations.

- 50 seat aircrafts (like turboprops) makes the most money when they fly 500 nm or less. The reason for this is that the prices and range of a route does not increase linearly.

- The best tip I have for a good start and making a ton of money is flying efficient aircraft with 150 pax or more capacity with 4-5 flights each day. In Modern Times that will give you $1,000,000 or more revenue per week per plane. In Jet Age maybe $200,000 weekly per plane. But this requires a good base with limited competition.

I see that you have chosen Fokker 27 aircraft, and those are a good choice for short haul.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 04:06:21 PM by [SC] Andre »

Online chris06

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 08:35:47 PM »
ok really help many thanks

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 02:32:31 AM »
I know our answers werenīt nice, but I think asking such a question isnīt either. It was like asking for the whole rule book plus all of advices already given in all available FAQs. Your tips were really good and elaborated but nothing the OP couldnīt have read many times before, given the fact he registered 6 months prior to you.
I feel there should be a little giving and taking from both sides, like working out a basic description of your thoughts about a specific problem youīre facing right now.
Besides, he asked this kind of question before, next to asking for new "more challenging" features.So there were reasons not to jump in for help in this case.
In fact I used to work in customer services, but this forum is not our job and we donīt run this place.Have you ever noticed Sami answering a question like this?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:42:30 AM by exchlbg »

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 07:21:55 AM »
I actually agree with most posters ... the question was so broad and 'so lazy' that the OP got the responses he/she deserved.

Best tip - read the forums as many experienced players have invested a lot of time to assist newbies in starting and trying to succeed in this game.

However from your question my prediction is that you wont be here for long as you will lack the number one requirement for 'making a lot of money' and succeeding...patience.
If you wish to be more precise as to what help yu require, I know that there are many players that will offer you very helpful advice...good luck with the game.

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 11:10:06 PM »
You can also push the mentor button and hopefully receive more specific advice for your airline that way.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.