Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Russian A/C's  (Read 701 times)

Jelle_l

• Former member
Russian A/C's
« on: January 25, 2013, 12:32:16 PM »

I'm wondering why are the 'russian' ac's not really popular?

Offline Andre

• Members
Re: Russian A/C's
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 01:07:14 PM »
Usually high fuel consumption and maintenance costs.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 01:09:55 PM »
In general Russian aircraft use a lot more fuel to carry the same amount of passengers over the same distance as their Western equivalent aircraft (e.g check out the fuel use of a 150 seat 2000Nm Russian vs Western aircraft)
Russian aircraft tend to be cheaper to buy (I guess due to less demand for the frames) but more expensive to maintain.

Jelle_l

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 01:31:23 PM »
at the moment I started my airline with Tupolev which I generally lease for approx 60K
The Western equivalent will be 10X more expensive to lease I see the fuel use is higher per hour and the maintenance os also higher.
But I'm wondering know when will it be the best way to switch to the western a/c's

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 08:53:31 AM »
I thought I was the king of running Soviet birds after surviving the entire DoTM4 despite numerous big mistakes on my part but my attempt at being bigger and better with lessons learned failed miserably this time.

I will remain however a champion of unpopular aircraft and the smaller turboprops. Everything is supposed to work if you manage to employ it with careful planning under the right circumstances and to this point only the 9-seaters remain as symbols of absolute financial doom. I should know, I survived experimenting for several years with the PC-12 in MT7.

In short, be careful about expansion and make sure you can keep your LFs in the 70s and you should make it with the Russians. Also watch the range, the Tu-134 probably shouldn't go beyond 800NM these days.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.