Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Cebu about to explode with expatriats?  (Read 1059 times)

BizFlyer

• Former member
Cebu about to explode with expatriats?
« on: January 23, 2013, 12:14:21 PM »
Hallo Sami,

I had touched the topic in another thread, but I would like to aks, because I donīt get the logic.

From Singapore to Cebu a monthly passenger-demand of 3200 pax is indicated.
From Cebu to Singaopre a monthly passenger-demand of 1100 pax is indicated.

Are all these lazy layabouts and expatriates, that never plan to go home to Singapore again?
Cebu must by now have a real problem and probably there should be major headlines in the AirwaySim newspapers about conficts between the native Cebueans and the expats, that are crowding the streets...

Can you check on that?

Best regards,

BizFlyer

BizFlyer

• Former member
Re: Cebu about to explode with expatriats?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 12:20:56 PM »
The sasme, by the way, applies to Singapore - Angeles Clark (Philippines) and return.
Of 4000 that travel to angeles, only 2900 return. I feel sorry for the Philippinos, who now becvome "overinternationalized"...

Greetings,

Bizflyer

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 04:16:43 PM »
One more try to get the logic:
Demands are NOT calculated after specific relation data between two points.They are calculated by combining specific airport data.
Airport data are formed of itīs general traffic numbers and their percentages of domestic,SH, LH,Y,C,F traffic in RL . If those percentage data differ a lot (especially between local airports and big hubs) there is a discrepancy of calculated demand each way. This is system immanent and was reported repeatedly. Since itīs impossible to control every thinkable relation both ways and tweak it manually this phenomenon will stay until a generally different system of calculation will be introduced.See "city-based demand". Until then you will have to deal with it and check planned routes both ways, regarding the lowest taffic number for staying within overcapacity limits.
This game runs on computer formula routines, not on personal "logic".So you will have to follow system logic to be successful.
Itīs impossible to reflect reality 1:1 in a game like this, nor will it be 100% "logic" ever.

Greetings
Christian
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 04:28:19 PM by exchlbg »

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 04:29:13 PM »
Also by the way, why everyone assumes that in real life too all sectors have 50/50 demand both ways?   Yes, well if we take into account strict point-to-point traffic, then I would assume - over a longer period of time - it is rather equal, but major hubs do mess this around too.

Anyway, a rather good explanation was above. There are differences in them, and if they are within reasonable differences then it is ok. But for now I would not focus on reporting them either due to plans to change the system.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 04:31:18 PM by sami »

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 04:35:02 PM »
Right.Just take the example of serving a destination in the afternoon, coming back in the middle of the night. If you keep both fares the same, a lot less people will fly back home. Just imagine they take another form of transportation on their way back. In your case it would be going by ship.

BizFlyer

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 05:10:15 PM »
Gentlemen, thanks for the explantation.

I did not want to nag, I was not aware of the problem in the background.

I am aware, that not the exact number of passengers, that travel to one destination must also travel back to the origin-destination. I travel myself, so I know this first-hand.

But I hope, that it is understandable, that I was asking (no being aware of...), as this has a strong impact on the economics of my game.

Anyway, I am quite "enchanted" by the sim, as it is now, for me it is amazing, how you keep the dices rolling, Sami. Top Job!!!

Best regards,

BizFlyer

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 10:43:14 PM »
I was in Cebu last week for 5 days, so I can understand why Expats would not want to leave.
I was also in Angeles City (Clarke) for 3 weeks prior to going to Cebu and again I can understand why Expats don't want to leave the Philippines :-)

Especially when returning to work means going to Papua New Guinea as is my case.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:47:20 AM by Kadachiman »

brique

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 03:44:21 AM »
I was in Cebu last week for 5 days, so I can understand why Expats would not want to leave.
I was also in Angeles City (Clarke) for 3 weeks prior to going to Cebu and again I can understand why Expats don't want to leave the Philippines :-)

Especially when returning to work means going to Papau New Guinea as is my case.

You must be allergic to goats?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.