Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Do routes need to "warm up"  (Read 1220 times)

Offline NovemberCharlie

• Members
Do routes need to "warm up"
« on: January 22, 2013, 05:08:38 PM »
Hi everyone,

A little while back I started flying SAEZ-WSSS, slightly before my competitor BKed. After he BKed my LFs went up from 40% to 100% while my RI was only 30-40. This left me thinking do routes need to be warmed up: eg if no one ever flew a certain route would it take longer to develop than a route which has been flown in the past?

brique

• Former member
Re: Do routes need to "warm up"
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 06:01:04 PM »
You can get a healthy load even with minimal RI : it depends how big the demand is in relation to your supply. RI is the percentage of demand that have 'heard' about you and will consider flying with you : so, if demand is 1000, and your RI has reached 40 : then a good half of those pax will consider flying with you : 400-500 of them : if you only offer 200 seats, then 100% LF is easily achievable. Its not that routes need warming up, just how the percentages work when RI is applied to the demand/supply equation. Your competitor probably had a better RI so was able to corral more of the pax, including those who might have flown with you, once they were gone, you could then appeal to all the demand : therefore, better loads.

Offline NovemberCharlie

• Members
Re: Do routes need to "warm up"
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 08:11:46 PM »
Ah ofcourse

thank you! :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.