Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Refuel in Okinawa not possible?  (Read 1049 times)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Refuel in Okinawa not possible?
« on: January 21, 2013, 03:09:21 PM »
I understand the rule, but if I can land at PHNL, I should be able to land at Okinawa.  There's nothing anywhere near there with a strip long enough for a decent jet.   

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
Re: Refuel in Okinawa not possible?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 03:45:48 PM »
I noticed that. You can't tech stop at some specific airports. They just don't show up when you search them specifically. Not sure what's wrong

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 05:01:42 PM »
I noticed that. You can't tech stop at some specific airports. They just don't show up when you search them specifically. Not sure what's wrong

nothing is 'wrong' per se.   The rule is that the world's largest airports are not allowed to be used for refueling.  Okinawa is one of them.   I just feel that it shouldn't be.   

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 11:12:02 PM »
Maybe because otherwise everybody would use it and to make tech-stopping more challenging.Maybe to keep the airport clear for local traffic.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 11:30:34 PM »
It is the only airstrip in a huge swathe of area that can land this plane.  I would understand your argument completely if airports like PHNL (Honolulu) WERE able to be used.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 01:00:46 AM »
nothing is 'wrong' per se.   The rule is that the world's largest airports are not allowed to be used for refueling.  Okinawa is one of them.   I just feel that it shouldn't be.   

I must have missed the rule. Does it define how large is the airport? Coz in "Airport Information", Naha is ranked way below many tech-stop allowable airports

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.