Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: I have NOT seen this before  (Read 993 times)

Offline GlobalCEO

• Members
I have NOT seen this before
« on: January 20, 2013, 05:08:38 PM »
I have a pretty robust airline and in the past my strategies have worked well (in the more modern scenarios). Usually I will opt for the smaller plane for a route so I can achieve a higher flight frequency thus holding a higher percentage of the passengers. In the last 2 "game years" I have made no changes other than updating a few larger a/c but one of my competitors is flying a large plane on the same route that i'm flying smaller a/c on and he/she is holding a higher percentage of the passengers even though my frequency is 3:1. Here are the facts:
- My airline has a significantly higher Image.
- I'm holding a much higher frequency of flights to any given airport.
- I've maintained market value on my flight prices.
- My flight times are all within the 5am to 10pm slots.

Any ideas as to why I would be losing the passenger percentage war? Thus loss of revenue....

• Former member
Re: I have NOT seen this before
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 09:17:46 PM »
Is your comp flying jets vs your props? He may also be cutting prices...

Online Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 11:35:07 PM »
Two major changes made in the last 2-3 months are:
Frequency now has a much lower effect than previous games
Smaller planes do have a disadvantage if you are flying longer routes with competition

In other words your competitor may have more 'appropriate for the routes' planes, and the recent changes were made to give this aspect of gameplay a more 'even balance' than before where frequency was king.
Perhaps this is where your problem is?

There is a entire thread devoted to the beta testing of the changes as the changes were significant to gameplay (sorry but I can't find it, but someone else may be able to provide the link)
Or you can ask some of the more experienced players e.g. Sanabas, SAC, Swiftus27....aha I just realised why I can't win at this username doesn't start with an 'S' :-)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:06:34 AM by Kadachiman »

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 12:31:28 AM »
Are your flights too close together?

Were your routes not flown due to heavy maintenance?

Does 3:1 mean 3 flights against 1, or does it mean 24 against 8?

Offline GlobalCEO

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 01:00:42 AM »
Thanks for the info! Kadachiman, I think you hit the nail on the head. I will have to restructure my fleet to reflect the programming change.

As far as flight times, I have them spread out to where they do not count as "one flight".

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.