Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Weekly/Monthly/Yearly Pie charts for expenses* and cost break downs  (Read 505 times)

Talentz

• Former member
I've always wondered why we don't have a pie chart that breaks down the costs of our airlines to us. You have all the data stored for this to happen, however it's a bit disorganized.

I think it would help newer players (and older ones) if they could have a breakdown of weekly/monthly/yearly costs in a simple pie chart to look at.

Alot of advice is given based off percentages of revenue, rule of thumbs on costs, so on and so forth... wouldn't it make more sense if the player(s) had a pie chart they can click on that would breakdown those costs into the very percentages we talk about each day?

This would greatly improve our overall view of an airline's health. Not to mention a greater ability to drill down in to the problems that arise in our airlines (or advice for someone else's)

Seems something that wouldn't be to difficult to incorporate.

Talentz
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:58:58 AM by Talentz »

brique

• Former member
Re: Weekly/Monthly/Yearly Pie charts for exspenses and cost break downs
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 12:50:15 PM »
definite worthy addition to feature requests : this would be a massive boon, and a great aid to identifying problems and being able to advise others better.

gets my vote.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 01:58:11 PM »
Everyone should be forced to channel their inner maths geek, work out the percentages in their head.  :P

Think it's a good idea. I assume the pie chart would show all the expenses other than loan payments/bank fees/interest/tax. Better to have the pie chart add to 100%, or better to show everything as a percentage of revenue, in which case it could add up to anything from 50 to 150%? I think maybe the former, but you'd need to put underneath a total % number, which would be what % of revenue the total expense is.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 02:08:10 PM »
Everyone should be forced to channel their inner maths geek, work out the percentages in their head.  :P

I struggle to work out percentages using a calculator : usually end up with the square root cubed expressed as a hexadecimal equation...or something like that.... nope, the inner maths geek never showed up for me, must have been busy getting beaten up by the inner slacker...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.