Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: dissapointing  (Read 4387 times)

mean123

• Former member
dissapointing
« on: January 08, 2013, 11:08:30 PM »
I am sad that this game is gonna end so soon. I think you should make a nine month game. gives time to develop everything further.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: dissapointing
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 11:19:06 PM »
Longer game worlds are something that I would wish to do too, but I still think we're lacking on features/things that make the games more interesting and more "playable" in the long term. Though do note that the 'average game length' has increased quite much over the year or so - regular game is today about 6 months when it used to be 2-3 months before. But something of 1960-2020 would be the goal here too...

Offline freshmore

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 11:23:49 PM »
Why do people bring this up, I go weak at the knees at the prospect of gameworlds running from 60's to 2020!

Offline AUpilot77

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 02:10:17 AM »
Honestly, I can't wait til this world ends... It means a fresh start to the world coming up!  ;D  Everyone just "loves" those fresh game worlds with endless route possibilities open to them  :P

Offline Jetsetter

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 11:08:22 PM »
I don't understand how someone wouldn't have a fully developed airline at this stage in the game. I've got a billion sitting in the bank account and nothing to do with it. I wish there was a hooker and blow option.

I also find it disappointing that disappointing was spelled disappointingly.

mean123

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 04:25:42 AM »
chill out mate!!!  a longer game would alow for more to do. why are people so irritable about small things.!!!!

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 05:10:52 AM »
I've had basically the same tiny Tahitian airline for years now but its day to day struggles keep me amused. I like to do crazy things like running PC-12s and having three bases for maybe twenty aircraft and surprisingly none of those things has killed me. Still, I'm about ready to get the off my little collection of isolated rocks and try playing with bigger toys again.

Offline pascaly

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 11:59:15 PM »
Trox, if the Party hear you've been using capitalist pig aircraft they will not be happy! Lol

Offline FlyTO

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 03:01:28 PM »
This world has gone 3-4 months too long imo.especially with 35 mins game days.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 09:42:06 AM »
This world has gone 3-4 months too long imo.especially with 35 mins game days.

This game world has had ridiculously low fuel prices way too long. Has Sami messed with the engine or what? Fuel should be 150% of todays price at the very least.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 10:36:30 AM »
This game world has had ridiculously low fuel prices way too long. Has Sami messed with the engine or what? Fuel should be 150% of todays price at the very least.

Yeah. I was thinking fuel would hit 1500+ by game end... but I guess not.

Talentz

brique

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 10:37:34 AM »
Yeah. I was thinking fuel would hit 1500+ by game end... but I guess not.

Talentz

I sense Sami's finger hovering over the button : still got a year or two to go.... Gotterdammerung awaits....

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 11:41:18 PM »

Exactly, I think this MT game lacked the excitement and drama of the previous MT games..  Low fuel prices allowed everyone to survive.  25% reduction in slots in MT7 limited the potential competition...  And lack of bankruptcies meant no slots were freed up.

The changes in frequency pax allocation prior to MT7 were great, but the 25% slot reduction took all of the benefit away.  The changes made it harder to slot lock an airport with small aircraft, but the 25% reduction of slots made it possible to slot lock the airport with larger, more appropriate, more profitable aircraft...

The result of all of this (cheap fuel, fewer slots) is almost no competition in MT7, unlike the thrilling competition of the prior MT worlds...

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 05:44:20 AM »
Trox, if the Party hear you've been using capitalist pig aircraft they will not be happy! Lol

It's ok I had $40million in the bank so I saved two Tu-204s from the scrap heap to make amends. They are currently flying to Auckland as a tax write-off and a general annoyance to my competitors.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.