Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Repair Aircraft Before Delivery.  (Read 812 times)

Aerlingus1916

• Former member
Repair Aircraft Before Delivery.
« on: January 06, 2013, 03:41:14 PM »
When purchasing \ leasing an aircraft from the used market it gives the options:

Perform C check, cost XX USD.
Perform D check, cost XX USD.

Most aircraft aren't in 100% condition so I think it would be very helpful if you had the option:

Repair Aircraft before delivery, cost XX USD.

This would mean people wouldn't have to be waiting to get the aircraft delivered and then repair it so that it doesn't affect their CI / Punctuality.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
Re: Repair Aircraft Before Delivery.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 10:15:43 PM »
Buying aircraft that require repair for them not to affect punctuality or CI are generally not fiscally sensible, so I don't see the point.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 03:29:34 AM »
Buying aircraft that require repair for them not to affect punctuality or CI are generally not fiscally sensible, so I don't see the point.

When there is a shortage of aircraft, it may not be a bad idea to get the aircraft, in whatever shape it is.  Especially if you are going to be keeping it for a while.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 03:32:50 AM »
Sami... didn't we have this option back in the day? Can't remember why you took it away  :(

You could repair the aircraft to a certain percentage. ( 70, 85, 100%) for a cost. Though sometimes it was just cheaper to "C" check it ( or even D check in rare cases). Really depended on how much ( or crappy) the condition was for the aircraft.

Talentz

ricincanberra

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 03:36:59 AM »
I agree that having the option of repairing an aircraft before delivery would be very useful, particularly when the supply of used aircraft is tight.

Aerlingus1916

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 07:17:44 AM »
Sami... didn't we have this option back in the day? Can't remember why you took it away :(

Talentz

Lol, nice poem talentz! I think I see a poet in the making... ;D

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 07:56:08 AM »
Sami... didn't we have this option back in the day? Can't remember why you took it away  :(

You could repair the aircraft to a certain percentage. ( 70, 85, 100%) for a cost. Though sometimes it was just cheaper to "C" check it ( or even D check in rare cases). Really depended on how much ( or crappy) the condition was for the aircraft.

Talentz

I don't remember ever seeing it on the "buy aircraft from Used Market" pages.  It is there under aircraft maintenance, once the aircraft is delivered....

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 08:25:53 AM »
I don't remember ever seeing it on the "buy aircraft from Used Market" pages.  It is there under aircraft maintenance, once the aircraft is delivered....

Shhh! :)

Probably why is because it breaks down the "repairs" into days out of service in most cases. Sami would need to add days into the delivery options as currently we can only select weeks as an option. Though I don't see it being really useful...

Aircraft below 75% would basically require a C check to bring it back to 100%, which defeats the propose of the extra repairs. Its a somewhat helpful feature if an aircraft is say "80%" to get it too 90+ for not that much money. Sometimes a C check is cheaper and faster... just depends on the condition and the number of days out of service.

However, I think the OP is probably thinking of aircraft that are 50/60% yet have "8+" months of a C check left. At that point, the time to repair would be greater then a C check and far more expensive. Basically at that condition, anything short of a D check is a waste of money.

So this feature wouldn't be overly helpful I would conclude.

Talentz

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.