Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: which plane?  (Read 2507 times)

Online chris06

• Members
which plane?
« on: December 30, 2012, 08:09:03 PM »
i am looking to opening some routes around 1900 but i dont what planes are good which are around 50-100 seats that are cheap to lease thanks

Aerlingus1916

• Former member
Re: which plane?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 08:10:24 PM »
Fokker 50s/70-100s. I built my old airline on them, they were my favourite little planes!

Online chris06

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 08:39:01 PM »
thanks i been looking on those and are they any good for long routes as well

Aerlingus1916

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 08:47:49 PM »
Hmmmm.... Well it depends what passenger demand is like for the route your referring to because if the route is e.g 3000nm well then the fokker cant fly it, so it would be worth buying new planes. Despite all that I would always leave the very low demand routes for later because that would make growth slow. Maybe you should buy some large planes (A320/MD80-90/737) and schedule routes for them. The fokkers are, for me, to add on to your fleet. Basically the answer is no, Fokkers aren't great for long routes.

Any more questions?

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 09:59:41 PM »
Fokker 50s/70-100s.

No.

I realise you're new, and you seem to have a fetish for spamming the forums. But your answers mostly indicate you don't know what you're talking about, and are simply making it up.

Any other medium jet that's available new will be a better choice at this stage of MT.

The f70 carries 70 pax, 1840 NM, 560k/month to lease a new one. The equivalent COMAC ( http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/New/View/355/ in MT) carries more pax, has more range, burns less fuel overall, and is 75% of the price.

There is a longer range version, maybe he absolutely needs that extra 170 NM, out to 2010. So, 70 seats, 2010 range, just over 600k/month to lease. The Sukhoi 100-75 has 70 seats, 2300 NM range, costs under 500k/month, and uses 25% less fuel.

The best f100 carries 105 pax, 1630 range, 650k/month to lease. The equivalent E195 carries 104 pax, 1630 range, at least 10% less fuel, at least 20% less in maintenance, over 8% cheaper to lease.

So, it's 2012 in MT, and when it comes to new planes, the F70/F100 are definitively worse in all respects than their direct competitors. Don't buy them.

@OP: There usually isn't a 'best' plane, a definitively correct answer. Have a look at the new plane lists yourself. Look at the range, the seats, the speed and the fuel costs. Compare the planes that look like they might fit. Do you really want more range? Do you really want 100+ seats? Do you really want the cheapest leases? Then work out which one you want. Making money on 50 seat, 1900 NM routes with fuel at $1000+ will be tough, though.

Aerlingus1916

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 10:12:32 PM »
*A fetish for spamming the forums*. Yes, I did, once and no I do not have a fetish for spamming up the forums.

I tried to help chrispaca, obviously Sanabas, the god of AWS doesn't approve. Well Sanabas I am not the one talking to myself about a challenge of building an airline out of 9-seaters (you have ~ 15 posts from ~ 4 different people) and therefore, after writing three full pages I believe you are basically talking to yourself.

Just leave it at that.

Offline TerryMcKenna

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 11:15:07 PM »
Hi Chris,
I can really vouch for the B717-200. These are great little machines. Great range, economical, plentiful and reasonably cheap. Great for these fuel prices.
I have succeeded with these where the 737/320's have failed. F100s are also good but more thirsty.
Good luck Terry
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 11:19:41 PM by TerryMcKenna »

brique

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 11:23:05 PM »
Well Sanabas I am not the one talking to myself about a challenge of building an airline out of 9-seaters (you have ~ 15 posts from ~ 4 different people) and therefore, after writing three full pages I believe you are basically talking to yourself.

As one of the people responding in that thread, I'd say using those four different people as some sort of proof that he is talking to himself is a bit of a contradiction, besides which, many threads barely exceed that number of posts/respondents, it means and proves nothing as to its value or necessity.

I'm very interested in that experiment, its been well documented, which does require lengthy posts, and has provided solid data regarding the difficulties the current game model has with small-scale operations. Maybe it will kick-start some changes to the staffing model, for example, which has been raised before but without such clear evidence. So, I for one am grateful Sanabas has taken the time and effort to do it, its been most instructive and provided some very useful info for my own outfits.

Offline ARASKA

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 11:30:37 PM »
As one of the people responding in that thread, I'd say using those four different people as some sort of proof that he is talking to himself is a bit of a contradiction, besides which, many threads barely exceed that number of posts/respondents, it means and proves nothing as to its value or necessity.

I'm very interested in that experiment, its been well documented, which does require lengthy posts, and has provided solid data regarding the difficulties the current game model has with small-scale operations. Maybe it will kick-start some changes to the staffing model, for example, which has been raised before but without such clear evidence. So, I for one am grateful Sanabas has taken the time and effort to do it, its been most instructive and provided some very useful info for my own outfits.

I agree 100%. And just because a thread only has four respondents, it can still have 100s of readers.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 11:36:21 PM »
It was an attempt to bash someone that proved him wrong.And again, it turned back on him, because itīs even bigger nonsense.Telling someone the wrong way is not "helping" anybody. The OP evidently needs more help than just "airplane naming out of the blue", because there is no correct answer without knowing a lot of details of his airline, his strategy, his competition, the new or used market right now.Without knowing these details any advice to "buy" bigger airplanes is nonsense as well.This airline has no potential for buying big aircrafts yet and I doubt it ever will.And before opening long, small routes and a third aircraft family he should optimize his actual business.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 02:15:19 AM by exchlbg »

mean123

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 11:05:34 AM »
regardless of whether A330 helped the OP or not, his aim was to help the OP so i don't think Sanabas needs to bash him on the forum. Maybe the OP will not go with any of Sanabas's options either and not find his help useful, but no one is attacking him. I think that if something is said on these forums that people disagree with then just make the point that you disagree, and then put down your point. There really is no need to accuse him of spamming forums when he really is taking time out of his own life to try and help.

Online chris06

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 12:33:59 PM »
Thanks everyone for all the help on which plane

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 12:55:32 PM »
I agree about the positive aspects of helping a player.I agree that "spamming" is not the adequate expression. I think it refers to the fact, that this is not the first time someone else has to jump in for correction.
Just "aiming" something good isnīt always really "done" something good. Sometimes you just canīt help because you donīt know any better. In this special case a short glimpse on the OPīs last posts and into his business tells you that he needs anything else than yet another aircraft.
In the meantime various posters named one or few aircraft models each, the OP now is as wise as before, a quick search for 100-seaters in the used market would have given him better information.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 07:12:28 PM »
regardless of whether A330 helped the OP or not, his aim was to help the OP so i don't think Sanabas needs to bash him on the forum. Maybe the OP will not go with any of Sanabas's options either and not find his help useful, but no one is attacking him. I think that if something is said on these forums that people disagree with then just make the point that you disagree, and then put down your point. There really is no need to accuse him of spamming forums when he really is taking time out of his own life to try and help.

Trying to help is good. More helpful people on the forum, the better.

But trying to help by posting a one line, blatantly wrong answer is bad. Given this is someone who has been here for under 2 months, only has a BW airline, who regularly chimes in with one line posts that are content free and often wrong, and who even posted in the livery thread lying to someone that he'd done a livery for them, then putting in his own request, that's why I assumed his post here wasn't actually an attempt to help, but just more spam.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.