Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Will we ever have travel agents  (Read 1677 times)

Online chris06

• Members
Will we ever have travel agents
« on: December 10, 2012, 02:55:48 PM »
I have used airway Sim for a little while and yesterday was playing a airline management game on my ipod and noticed you can buy travel agents. I would like to know if this will ever be available to airway sim.

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: Will we ever have travel agents
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 03:43:19 PM »
What for?

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 07:50:45 PM »
Change the structure of fare's maybe. Maybe touroperating fares will give you less income, but a better load factor. Also, smaller airlines could benefit from this by having contracts to fly to a certain destination (which based on the normal system would get 0 pax per week) but in real life are connected once a week by a charter.

I guess it takes too much to implement this, but could be a nice addition to the game

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 11:47:50 PM »
"Charter" sounds like a good idea, because itīs closely tied to transporting PAX. Maybe a second addition after CARGO.
Could maybe managed by opening up yet another demand system.Contracts to be signed for special relations/PAX number for a fixed timespan/fare, somehow like fuel contracts.Relating that, "wet lease" comes to mind.
This sounds more like a "feature request" topic...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:53:16 PM by exchlbg »

brique

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 03:56:25 AM »
Contracts sound like an interesting addition : if/when CARGO is implemented, I'd consider some form of contracting would complement it well, and reflect RL too; I'd think they would have to be simplified somewhat though.

Online chris06

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 05:23:51 PM »
In my opinion I believe it could be an option for when you start your airline for being a charter airline e.g. like airline around the world, who are travel groups and believe it would make Airway Sim more interesting and a challenge which you would have goals to set.   

Offline jamier

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 04:32:49 PM »
What game do you have on the iPod?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.