Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Move schedule on a future date  (Read 352 times)

• Former member
[-] Move schedule on a future date
« on: December 04, 2012, 01:52:58 AM »
Feature Request
When moving schedule between aircrafts, allow player to enter an in-game date/time (within the next 3 weeks) that the schedule is to be moved.

* Once scheduled, both aircraft will have a new "upcoming schedule move" icon in aircraft list or route schedule view. When mouse hovers over the icon, it will show "Schedule to be moved to N123AB on 12/18/2012" or "Schedule to be moved from N234CD on 12/18/2012".
* Any rebasing, or schedule assignment involving either aircraft cancels the upcoming schedule move.
* To simplify the implementation, no chained upcoming schedule move is allowed. (You cannot schedule a move from A to B on 12/1/2012, followed by C to A on 12/2/2012.)

This allow people to plan for aircraft change (mostly due to lease termination or C/D checks) ahead of time, without having to be online at the time new aircraft is available.

For example, my old lease will expire in 2 game weeks, so I order a new aircraft from the used market. If I log off for 6 game weeks, I have two choices based on current feature:
(1) Move schedule now, wasting 2 weeks of income.
(2) Move schedule 6 weeks later, wasting 4 weeks of income.
Either one will result in some loss of income due to not being online at the time of lease termination and aircraft delivery. By allowing me to schedule a future schedule move in 14 game days (right before the lease termination), I will not waste any income from the aircraft.

A related request - upcoming lease termination
Allow people to set a future lease termination date (within 3 weeks too), from the lease termination screen. Similar benefits as the original request.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:41:59 AM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Move schedule on a future date
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 09:41:52 AM »
This is technically rather difficult compared to gains, so no for now.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.