Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Tupolev Tu-114 production line  (Read 2194 times)

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
Tupolev Tu-114 production line
« on: December 02, 2012, 01:27:11 PM »
230 back log orders at the moment, but the production rate still stuck at 5/month, while other A/C produced at much faster rate even though they have only a handful order

So, does AWS simulate A/C production line based on real life, too?

HP

brique

• Former member
Re: Tupolev Tu-114 production line
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 01:48:34 PM »
seems fairly accurate to me : Soviet central planning was never that quick off the mark for even the simple things, like food and shoes. If the 5-year plan said 'we build x planes a year', then thats what they built, until the next 5-year plan said otherwise.

but to be fair, think of how much would need to be done to accelerate production ; assuming the manufacturers even have the space required ( building a new plant: how long does that take?) : they'll need more skilled assembly workers, more parts, made by more skilled workers, more engines, more of everything and all arriving on time too : no point building more aircraft if, for example, the seat makers cant make more seats until their new plant is built, staffed, machinery purchased, delivered, etc.

And its not like Russian aircraft of the period ever had a wildly successful export market anyway, they built enough for Aeroflot and other Sov-bloc state airlines, whose own 5-year plans made for a pretty predictable market-place...

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 03:01:32 PM »
What you said make sense IRL, but I guess this is AWS, so for popular A/C the production line should be expanded fast

Soviet A/C generally performs way inferior to Western A/C, and for a few good A/C they have (based on AWS data), they are limited by production line  :-\

Hwoarang

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 04:07:02 PM »
Soviet A/C generally performs way inferior to Western A/C, and for a few good A/C they have (based on AWS data), they are limited by production line  :-\
AWS life sucks! But that's life, enjoy it!

brique

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 05:21:52 PM »
What you said make sense IRL, but I guess this is AWS, so for popular A/C the production line should be expanded fast

Soviet A/C generally performs way inferior to Western A/C, and for a few good A/C they have (based on AWS data), they are limited by production line  :-\

agree, in that AWS sales of aircraft don't match RL anyway, so a degree of production flexibility would help those wanting to try out less-popular brands. Its a bit of a self-fulfilling prediction though, we know those aircraft have rubbish production rates, so lines get canned earlier as no-one really wants to buy them in serious numbers due to waiting times and whoosh, off we go to Seattle or Toulouse and join the, truthfully, even longer queues there, but at least they keep building them in numbers.

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 07:01:59 AM »
I don't understand any of this propaganda about Soviet planes being in any way inferior or slower to produce.  ;)

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 08:40:20 AM »
I think the slow production line for the Tu-114 is in fact the only reason it's blacklog is not as deep as the 707 or DC-8.

Sami has address this issue several Jet Ages ago. Leaving the status quo.

There's always a chance to change his mind  ;)

Talentz

Offline chiveicrook

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 10:26:23 AM »
It will be even a bigger problem in JA8 when improved Tu-114 debuts :-)

I'm thinking about a feature request that would describe tying production rate to orders more closely.... I mean it's perfectly reasonable for a manufacturer to build a new production facility if a customer pays in advance for 50 airframes... from what I've read it takes Boeing around 2 years to build a factory so timeframes could be kept realistic...
Let's say every manufacturer gets an account of sorts... if there get enough money from orders/leases/whatever they can decide to build a new facility if there is demand.. or save it for future....
gotta do some brainstorming before posting :-)

Offline tcrlaf

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 02:47:51 AM »
It will be even a bigger problem in JA8 when improved Tu-114 debuts :-)

I'm thinking about a feature request that would describe tying production rate to orders more closely.... I mean it's perfectly reasonable for a manufacturer to build a new production facility if a customer pays in advance for 50 airframes... from what I've read it takes Boeing around 2 years to build a factory so timeframes could be kept realistic...
Let's say every manufacturer gets an account of sorts... if there get enough money from orders/leases/whatever they can decide to build a new facility if there is demand.. or save it for future....
gotta do some brainstorming before posting :-)

Glorious Soviet Industry can build as many units as you would like, when you want them. As long as you do not want more than 5 per year! We will actually be producing 25 per year, per the latest 5 year plan and production reported to the Supreme Soviet, but that will be revised with a NEW five-year-plan next year! And the year after that.

Think of it as Glorious Chevy Volt State Production. 75,000 per year promised production, with most of the 11,000 actually built sold to the Glorious Soviet State!

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 11:38:36 PM »
I've raised this concern, but referred to a DOTM game...

There's a huge difference between "popular" planes and "not popular" ones in the production lines and in the used market, ironcally, making the not popular models even less popular due to low availability and the popular ones even more popular due to wide usage, making a vicious circle...

This is what I found out in the DOTM initial statistics...

You have:
-523% in AWS of RL produced B737
-186% in AWS of RL produced DC-10
-But only 108% in AWS of RL produced Tu-114...

These are some comparison charts I made some months ago... Red boxes are RL life numbers.... Yellow boxes are AWS numbers... Blue % is difference between RL and AWS produced planes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tupolev - 114

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boeing 737

DC-10

EDIT: there's a mistake in the tu-114 %... it's 118% instead of 108%... not significant anyway...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 11:48:43 PM by ezzeqiel »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.